corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Business people in here: Registering Company Alias Name?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Business people in here: Registering Company Alias Name?
Bart

User status: Offline
30th Jan 12 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My wife and I are registered as directors for our company, named “CompanyA” for example.
Is it possible to register a company alias, so we we can trade with the name “CompanyB”?

Reason for this, is the company is diversifying and entering different markets. The original company name indicates something very limited.
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Jan 12 at 15:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd just do the as a sole trader would do wouldn't you?

Company A trading as Company B

If you want to register as the different name I would guess you need to do another Ltd registration.
Whittie

30th Jan 12 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as it says Trading as CompanyA Ltd after it, it can be called "Bart loves Apple trading as Company A ltd".
Can't just stick company b as a sole trader, if you dont want to register another ltd.
Bart

30th Jan 12 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed, dont want to register another ltd.

Do you have to formally set anything up, or just add this to relevant documents etc?
Whittie

30th Jan 12 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just add it into everything, and Bank if you're recieving cheques.
Sam
Premium Member

30th Jan 12 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the business is in a totally different industry (i.e. company A deals with computer, alias company deals with bananas) then you should really register a new company.

But as others have said, just do the Xyz trading as Abc Ltd thing, perfectly fine (I do this for my own limited company).
MarkM

30th Jan 12 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not set up a subsidiary to Company A?

Will be a separate legal entity but still linked to the parent company. Tax benefits/breaks to be had.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Business people in here: Registering Company Alias Name? 23 database queries in 0.0092211 seconds