corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BBS CH Real/Style Alloys

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BBS CH Real/Style Alloys
RCoughtrie

User status: Offline
1st Feb 12 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what size am i best looking at ? burg alloys are 18 8j et43

[Edited on 01-02-2012 by RCoughtrie]
big eck

1st Feb 12 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I paid £400 all in for my ch reps. They were heavy fuckers tho.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
1st Feb 12 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd spend the money on a 1995/M Silver GSi with sunroof option collection from Liverpool
Phil W

1st Feb 12 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think weight and casting are the main things. They are heavy and more prone to scracks/splits than genuine originals.

Having said that, when reps are £400 odd a set then its hard not to see them as a bargain
RCoughtrie

1st Feb 12 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I'd spend the money on a 1995/M Silver GSi with sunroof option collection from Liverpool

let me know its price, im not allowed another car until i sell the RS... yes she won
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Feb 12 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£400 and a slice of cake.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

1st Feb 12 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And some Irn Bru for Mike.
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Feb 12 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Mike might want Irn Bru when he delivers it
Mark.W

1st Feb 12 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here is some in 18" on this lads astra on aon they look spot on and im quite tempted to buy a set for my H.

The ones i found on ebay are ET 45 but iv checked my pentas and there ET37 will they still fit without rubbing if lowered and if the offset is higher than my pentas would they sit further in the arch or out the arch??

[Edited on 01-02-2012 by Mark.W]
joes_1.4_16v_sport

2nd Feb 12 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got some LM reps

How would you go about getting them refurbed / laquered?

Big job?

Is it a case of, skim + re-apply the laquer or is a "referb" company type job involving hours of work...

Thanks.
3i_gaz

2nd Feb 12 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some CH reps even have CH and the part no stamped on the outside of the rim!

Fro

2nd Feb 12 at 06:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Offsets are usually different on the reps iirc. Heavier and not as strong also apparently. Plus you get a bashing from the BBS faithful.

Have read of people going from reps to real and saying the difference is night and day but if you've never expeerienced real ones on that car you'd never know anyway.

I'm going to be getting a set once I've sorted my holiday plans.
Ojc

2nd Feb 12 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RCoughtrie
quote:
Originally posted by andys sxi
what car will these be going on? burg??

yeah andy

Please don't
M2RTY

2nd Feb 12 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is with the reps is theres 100s of types

Ive had a few, i would say the ones made in germany ltaly are the best, but cost slightly more

I had LMs on the beemer, 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 with 235/35 and 265/30 tyres and done 12 thousand miles in them over a year

They were perfect, and had no issues with them, but i cleaned them with the correct products, waxed them and avoided all potholes and took them off over winter.

Paid 815 new, sold them 700 a year later. Real ones fetch 4000 new if you can get them. This was a no brainer as 4k for wheels is stupid. I had a chap wave a grand in my face saying he would buy them as he was after genuine ones and knew his stuff, face dropped when i told him they were german copies. They weighed less than my stock mv2 18s

Im after some mv4 alloys now, 19 staggered again, but replica ones is a must seeing as most genuine ones crack and bmw have had a massive legal battle over them and withdrew them from market
M2RTY

2nd Feb 12 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ps - theres a list of threads on he internet as long as my arm with pics of reps bent after pot holes have been hit, which may put put off, but remember an oem or gen wheel would probs nd up the same given the speed/impact of these examples.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

2nd Feb 12 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Yeah Mike might want Irn Bru when he delivers it

Adam_B

2nd Feb 12 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone know how they can make wheels that are stronger and lighter? Not trying to sound like an arse, genuinely intrigued as in my head its should be either light (less metal) or strong (more metal)

That probably makes no sense

I used to have a set of ATS DTC on my Corsa that were mega light but there was absolutely naff all to the wheels, really thin spokes compared to the pro race 1.2 I had as well. Was always paranoid about taking on kerbs at Oulton Park or wherever in case I bent one!

quote:
Originally posted by 3i_gaz
Some CH reps even have CH and the part no stamped on the outside of the rim!

Mine have CH003 stamped in the rim, i think the real ones I've looked at are CH017 for 17s, 019 for 19s etc.

[Edited on 02-02-2012 by Adam_B]
baza31

2nd Feb 12 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think any wheel will bend whatever brand with our roads. I'd prefer to buckle 500 set than a few grand . As Ian said it's easy to buckle steel wheels .
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

2nd Feb 12 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's generally just down to different metals being used I think. My comps where a lot lighter than the the smaller C SXi's that I've got now yet they bounced off armco at Oulton and are still straight, where the SXi's probably wouldn't be.
flybikeslee

2nd Feb 12 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine were spot on and still going strong on someone elses octavia, had all the right part numbers on too. paint wasn't as good quality as genuines but for the money i wasn't complaining!

flybikeslee

2nd Feb 12 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Balling
Premium Member

2nd Feb 12 at 14:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
Does anyone know how they can make wheels that are stronger and lighter? Not trying to sound like an arse, genuinely intrigued as in my head its should be either light (less metal) or strong (more metal)

It's a matter of which materials the alloy consists of. The strength/weight ratio can vary quite a bit.
Hence titanium and magnesium alloys being used in motor sport wheels.
And yes, a cheap alloy will most definitely be both heavier and weaker than an expensive alloy.

I get that people go for the cheaper option because they want the look, but don't care about the brand.
But why the hell then stick BBS stickers on them?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BBS CH Real/Style Alloys 24 database queries in 0.0999591 seconds