corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » so stuck about a new car....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author so stuck about a new car....
corsa120

User status: Offline
1st Feb 12 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well im after a new car i wont something pretty good.... big engine.... quite quick..... lots of toys etc etc so im was going to go for about a 55 plate m3 with about 12k to spend.... but i keep looking at things like vectra vxr's/3.0 v6 alfa brera's to name a couple which i could get a 2009/10 loaded with toys blah blah blah for less than 10k which would be nearly new, low mileage cars i know they are not a m3 but just cant help but think are they worth a look!!! just wondered what peoples thoughts was...

reason being also is if i brought a cheaper car i could have somat dont to the house or put some extra cash towards my gsxr 750 im getting.... such a ball ache to decide
Nic Barnes

1st Feb 12 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not only think about the car, think about fixing it when it goes wrong. its all good and well to flash off about having 12k for a car, but if that 12k m3 goes wrong, its not going to be cheap to fix, or to buy parts to fix it. thats what always makes me think.
Ben G

1st Feb 12 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where are you going to bring the car from?
big eck

1st Feb 12 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nics hit the nail on the head there. Buying a nice fast car is no problem it's running and maintaining it, that's where the costs come in.
Jakey
Premium Member

1st Feb 12 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speaking sense here. I've been looking at old TVRs and Mazda RX7s. Fast, fun cars but tons of money when something goes wrong!
corsa120

1st Feb 12 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nic i was not boasting about having 12k for a car you know as you seem to have come accross as if i am...... 12k is not alot of money when people are losing that in 1-2 years on the said vectra vxr im on about....... so some can actually afford to lose 12k.........!!!

basically yes i know a m3 will cost but lets just say i bought a insignia vxr from new are you telling me spending 28k on that or buying an older m3 would be more beneficial considering there is 16k saving from the off!!!! what my point is people pay alot more than 12k on cars which depreciate like a stone and then they say they can afford to run them, i was unaware people could afford to lose so much money in depreciation..

i think i can afford to run a m3 basically because me and my mrs both work 5 mins from our work places and our cars are basically just weekend fun and the odd shopping trip.... lets put it this way we did 22k in 5 years in my astra gsi.... so running a m3 could be an option or else i would not consider taking it on.. i have done my homework on them and i know a guy who owns one who gave me some very good information regarding his 54 plate since he has owned it!!!

im just also wondering what are things like vectra vxr's like though when in comparison as they look alot of car for the money???
taylorboosh

1st Feb 12 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

m3... allday
daymoon
Premium Member

1st Feb 12 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

535d M Sport E60
Tomnova16
Premium Member

1st Feb 12 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

///M3

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Nic Barnes

1st Feb 12 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry I don't mean you were boasting I mean buying something flashy for 12k doesn't cover running and maintaining it. Worded it wrong apologies.
big eck

1st Feb 12 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gtf with your M3s

For 12k I'd be looking at an edition 30 golf gti or K1 cupra if your after a car that's newer with a load of extras. Bloody quick as well with simple bolt on mods with a map.

Older ones then it'll have to be an Evo 8/9 MR model. Awesome cars.
corsa120

1st Feb 12 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh golf's are'nt bad but come on a seat cupra???? please deffo not seat for me thanx
big eck

1st Feb 12 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you ever drove a seat cupra K1??? Going by your response I guess you haven't lol. It's basically the same engine as the ed30/Audi S3 but without the price tag.
FAZ
Premium Member

2nd Feb 12 at 08:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

decent s14/15?
Tom

2nd Feb 12 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

R32 golf
Nismo

2nd Feb 12 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Add 1-2K to it and go for a Tuscan, but dont drive it and it will never break down

Or just get the M3 and it will be fine, all the horror storys probably work out for about 2% of people that own them. Built to last imo.
Liam-Wilko

2nd Feb 12 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my personal opinion is i keep away from BMW but that is cos i had a bad experiance that mine went bang nice to drive but the cost to repair is stupid money but you should go for what you like everone has a different opinion on what they would get for 12K
Tomnova16
Premium Member

2nd Feb 12 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my m3 needed coils about £36 trade
and springs snaped so got some eibachs for £160
apart from servicing thats all it needed, just buy a good unabused example and it will be fine
i bought mine with around 40k miles on it

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
daymoon
Premium Member

2nd Feb 12 at 11:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-5-series-535D-M-Sport-/120840320415?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1c22a4f59f
sam_homepc
Premium Member

4th Feb 12 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jakey
Speaking sense here. I've been looking at old TVRs and Mazda RX7s. Fast, fun cars but tons of money when something goes wrong!

Makes it worth it every time you drive it though. Had a fair few issues with my Cerbera, but then again it's a 15 yr old TVR so I expected it! Servicing is about £700 so not cheap and make sure if you buy one from a dealer you get a decent warranty. Other than that I'd defo recommend it!

Arden Blue Irmscher Corsa B - Now Splitting
For Sale Thread
Jambo

4th Feb 12 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BMW leagues apart.

So are the servicing costs as mentioned.

Drive both, see which you like the most and how much your willing to spend etc

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » so stuck about a new car.... 24 database queries in 0.0868151 seconds