corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » timing case gasket problems?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author timing case gasket problems?
barney1.6sport

User status: Offline
4th Feb 12 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a 1.2l 16v cosa b. its got a oil and water mix. im pretty sure that they dont really suffer with head gasket problems, i would have thought that its the timing case gasket thats leaking. Is there any way of checking it?

Also, theres a big puddle in the front footwells of my car and its coming from where the centre of the dash. im guessing the heater matrix is leaking?

any help or ideas would be much appreciated
corsa.kid

4th Feb 12 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi pal my last car was a 1.2 16valve and i did the head gasket on mine and i dont really think there is a way of checking the side cover gasket but hope this is a bit of help
barney1.6sport

4th Feb 12 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thank, i guess that the best thing i can do is use the emissions tester at work and make sure theres no hydrocarbons in the coolant.

New Poll