corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » help on a business/IT presentation for a job interview...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help on a business/IT presentation for a job interview...
M2RTY

User status: Offline
5th Feb 12 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a job interview Wednesday and they have asked for a 15 minute (max) presentation on this:

Outline Scenario
Company XXXX accepts Direct Debit as a method of payment for a range of services including Paid Travel Permits (School Transport) and for debt collection within Central Finance. In order for a customer to pay by Direct Debit the authority has to send out a paper form for completion and return by the customer.

As part of the organisational Customer Access Strategy the way in which Direct Debits are managed, including collection is being reviewed. It is believed an opportunity exists to allow customers to establish a Direct Debit online or over the telephone, as well as other improvements to back office processing.

Colleagues in the organisation feel that such action would improve the way in which customers request services, as well as provide potential back office benefits.

Presentation
You should assume the role of the Solution Analyst assigned to the project, making a presentation to the Lead Solution Analyst and Head of IT.

In your presentation you should outline what process you would follow in order to identify appropriate solution(s) relative to the given scenario, where appropriate making reference to any considerations you would address as part of defining the solution.

Got a few ideas in my head but always like to have a few other peoples opinions, cheers
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

5th Feb 12 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck me this is for a job interview?
Russ

5th Feb 12 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like the company want free ideas to implement something
Gaz

5th Feb 12 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
sounds like the company want free ideas to implement something
M2RTY

5th Feb 12 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i thought lol, but i think its the way to tackle it as oppossed to actual recomendation

1. Defining scope and requirements
2. Isolating key issues
3. Reviewing possible solutions
4. Presenting a recommendation
M2RTY

5th Feb 12 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had to do a 15 minutes presenation on what i thought were key it secuity risks to the orgsanisation for the last contract i had there, didnt get the job, but was offered something else, was there just over 2 years until the money ran out, but im back again for 2 different roles, this one, and the one i used to do. Got interview for both tue/wed but unsure i really want this job, interview will be a right grilling, but my old job is just a standard interview really, so job is 99% mine if i want old one back

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » help on a business/IT presentation for a job interview... 23 database queries in 0.0107150 seconds