corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Diesel or petrol???

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Diesel or petrol???
antnee

User status: Offline
7th Feb 12 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It all depends on circumstances,

If your budget would get you a nice diesel or petrol (at the same price) then you would be saving straight away on the tax, insurance and fuel consumption. Being easier to sell on is a bonus too. I don't think there is a mileage figure you have to be doing to see benefits of a diesel, I do around 6-10k a year, when I had a PD130 I put fuck all fuel in, I seem to be at the pump every time I use a petrol now
djgritt
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
One pulled out in front of me tonight and before I could flash the lights he shot off like a scalded cat.

Were you parked up? They aren't that quick atall.

I had the 2.0TDi 170 in my old Octavia vRS, and had it from factory delivery right up to 94,000 miles 36 months later, so my reply isn't saying that for the hell of it, I have enough first hand experience...
big eck

7th Feb 12 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the way it shot off it looked bloody quick. It's wasn't a slouch put it that way.
corsa120

7th Feb 12 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you buy a brand new diesal im sure i read that you have to cover around 45-50k miles over first 3 years before it starts to come good..

what you lose in money is what you gain buy a petrol being better to drive fun wise......... and yes i have driven a few quick diesals most recent being my mates brand new audi tt 170 bhp diesal and im sorry it is not as fun to drive as a petrol its that simple, but its a lovely car none the less

[Edited on 07-02-2012 by corsa120]
daymoon
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ drive a diesel first then slag it off. Never driven a diesal so can't comment what they are like.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 21:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stick with petrol!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Simon_16v

7th Feb 12 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course they aren't going to be quite fun as petrol equivalent but they aren't meant to be driven in the same way. It's like comparing a pickup to a formula one car, completely different
Hammer

7th Feb 12 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I prefer the way a diesel drives personally. Coming from an Insignia diesel to a 350z, I would prefer the Insignia for both driving to and from work and being stuck in a traffic jam. Which just so happens to be the only 2 times I use the car
richc

8th Feb 12 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive never had a big capacity n/a petrol car, but the smaller petrol vs a 'diesel' i would choose the diesel (having ownded both). Similar MPG with more power and less rpm on the motorways. Out of the cars i have had, i prefer the turbo petrol engine. Nice and 'torquey' so easy to drive at lower revs, yet when you go for it, you have plenty more power over the whole of the rev range which doesnt seem to tail off untill 6k ish. Obviously the mpg isnt as good but general flexibility of the engine i dont think you can beat them.
corsaab31

8th Feb 12 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have had both over the years. The best was an Audi diesel, quick and not too noisy. I am now sticking with petrol, but may change again one day.
corsa120

8th Feb 12 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

firstly damon i have driven a good handful of modern diesals as i said my mates audi tt 170b diesal ive driven plus my dads sri diesal insignia, plus i had a company audi a4 diesal for a short period and all of them are beautiful cars which as discussed all went well but to me were/are still boring to drive...... other people may get something different from them that i dont which is fair enough, its like i say im not really slating them as i think they are good diesals nowadays i just would not have one!!

as for its like comparing a monster truck with a formula 1, thats rediculous, so if a quick diesal is a different car what should it be compared to when considering alot of diesals these days are pointing towards the high performance end of the market? a 200 bhp diesal car should not be compared to a bloody 1.0 corsa should it!!!! it needs comparing to a 200 bhp petrol equivalent as far as performance is concerned
Joe

8th Feb 12 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Diesel

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Diesel or petrol??? 24 database queries in 0.0149770 seconds