corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Caught Speeding

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Caught Speeding
Dan295

User status: Offline
6th Feb 12 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not going to plead that I never speed, im not a twat of a driver just genuinely got caught going down from a 70mph into a 50mph zone (wasnt roadwords) and got caught at 68mph. Fine is dated 11th of Jan and I only recently went back home to where the car is registered so opened it up last week, so would have been 31st of Jan. Now ive spent ages trying to find my paper licence and I have completely lost it, DVLA want at least two weeks and £40 which they can do one for.

My question is anyone got any advice in this situation? Im happy to take 3 points and £60 fine as I was in the wrong, but if i cant find my paper licence do i go to court and risk getting arse raped by some cunty judge?
Gary
Premium Member

6th Feb 12 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All will be fine, ive been in the same situation.

Goto court when told to, they will have checked with the DVLA if you have a licence. Then they'll give you the £60fine and 3 points.

Its a complete waste of time but you cant take a fixed penalty without all your licence
Cookieace

6th Feb 12 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you not go to speed awareness like I had the option too?
JaffaTB

6th Feb 12 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got caught doing 66 in a 40, had a court summons as I was going too fast for a fixed penalty, plead guilty by post and got 6 points and a 184 quid fine, you should just get a fine and points though as I think you are allowed up to 20mph over the limit before its referred to court
sand-eel

6th Feb 12 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think when I got done at 85mph on a dual carriageway I had 28 days to pay.
Dan295

6th Feb 12 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

too fast for speed awareness - max is 64mph for awareness course

i have had a letter through saying ive got points and fine and to send off my licence but i dont know where the paper part is as i passed years ago.

im just coming up to the 28 days now but obviously cant pay without the licence

cheers gary
BeetleGav

6th Feb 12 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got pulled on friday, with my car being dodgy i was trying to get up a hill without the eml stopping me. so i planted my foot in a 30. . . . didnt realise there was a copper behind me (bout 11 at night so it was dark) got to about 50 going uphill on a wide road....... luckily he was sound. understood my pain of a slow 1.0 making itself slower and he had followed me for a couple of miles and i was doing 30 all that time so let me off! i seriously thought i was about to be bummed!
Gary
Premium Member

6th Feb 12 at 19:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you not get a producer dan?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Caught Speeding 23 database queries in 0.0086100 seconds