corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Just bought a Golf, Few problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just bought a Golf, Few problems
Josh Ack
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Feb 12 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got a Golf mk4 GTTDI 110 1999.

I bought it with a few problems the main problem being that it jumps out of reverse and the gear stick is sloppy when in gear.

I believe that it is the linkage at fault and was wondering if anyone knew how to adjust the linkage on a 1999 Golf.

Thanks
Metta

6th Feb 12 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I imagine it's just a remove and replace job
Josh Ack
Premium Member

6th Feb 12 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So a whole new linkage?
Fro

7th Feb 12 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can reset them, did it on my first mk4.

Involved locking the gear knob in position, believe there is a hole under the gaitor, and then messing round on top of the box too.

There's a guide somewhere on the web, can't look for it at work as they block most pictures, will have a look tonight if i remember

Check uk-mkivs.net FAQ section. May be in there, or browse a haynes manual in halfrauds.

New Poll