corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Could I fit wheels with different pcd/ fitment etc ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Could I fit wheels with different pcd/ fitment etc ?
brynalar

User status: Offline
6th Feb 12 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haider....sorry if there is already a post covering similar grounds lol I'm too lazy to search for things lol.....!

Anyways, I've been looking at different types of wheels for my corsa and found some tonight that have taken my fancy but after reading the description I'm not sure they are going to work

They're alfa romeo 4 stud wheels but says pcd is 98 and off-set is 35 (he thinks).... I've learn that corsa have pcd of 100 but not too sure on the offset and what all that technical talk is about ... so these wheels wouldn't just fit would they? Or is there a way round it?

I weeeeeeeally wanted them lol!

any help appreciated... cheers
taylorboosh

6th Feb 12 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wobble bolts will get them on but the offset isnt ideal/may require arch faffing

[Edited on 06-02-2012 by john-d]
taylorboosh

6th Feb 12 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.directcarparts.co.uk/product/392/varipcd/variable-pcd-wheel-bolt-m12-x-125-wobbly-bolts.html

please note the link is just an example, i dont know what thread pattern you need
GB123
Premium Member

6th Feb 12 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the normal offset for a corsa is about et49 if that's any help.
taylorboosh

6th Feb 12 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what that means is that the wheels will sit closer to the arch doesnt sound much differance but can cause serious rubbing
GB123
Premium Member

6th Feb 12 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, basically the lower the number the more the wheel sticks out and vice versa.
taylorboosh

6th Feb 12 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=82937

in this thread you can see how et35 wheels sit in the arches

big eck

6th Feb 12 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's simple, all you need is adapters from your offset to the wheel in question.
taylorboosh

6th Feb 12 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how is that possible? how can he get adaptors to make the wheels sit closer? thats impossible?

i have a feeling you mean pcd adaptors not offset, in which case wobble bolts will do the job just fine, thats what nic uses on his vectra
Paul W
Premium Member

6th Feb 12 at 22:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wobble bolts arent really the preferred method of fitting wheels tbh. Can get adapters either made up or bought off the shelf which is a better option but more pricey.

The offset is calculated by the distance the mounting hub surface is from the centre point or half of the width of the wheel. So for example, corsa et as standard is et49, this means the mounting surface is 49mm from the middle of the width of the wheel. So et35 would mean that the wheel rim would sit 15mm further out.

The et you can get away with on a corsa depends on a few things such as diameter and width of wheel, how low you're gonna be running and tyre size, obviously there's ways and means of fitting low offset wheels.

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
taylorboosh

6th Feb 12 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adaptors will only compound his offset issue

20mm adaptors will give him a now et15 offset

he needs wobble bolts and theyre 100% safe
Corsa_Sport21

6th Feb 12 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, wobble bolts will take up the 2mm difference.

You will also need spigot rings as the Alfa centre bore is bigger.
taylorboosh

6th Feb 12 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt think of that, good shout
Paul W
Premium Member

6th Feb 12 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
adaptors will only compound his offset issue

20mm adaptors will give him a now et15 offset

he needs wobble bolts and theyre 100% safe

That's true, but depending on size of the wheel it might not matter

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
brynalar

6th Feb 12 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow a lot of replies! Thanks all!

So the wobble bolts and spigot rings would allow for the wheels to work? They're listed as 5.5j, 14" wheels and offset 35... I'm still learning and googling as we speak to try and understand about how offset works and the centre line etc!

Cheers for your help peeps
taylorboosh

6th Feb 12 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id imagine they will be 100% fine if theyre only 5.5j. pics of said wheels mate or a link?
brynalar

6th Feb 12 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah I like to hear that lol :-)
Say if I was to lower it 60mm in future, would there be any work required to arches etc lol... Sorry for noob questions, still learning lol

And yeah eBay number mate 280816966828
Adam_B

6th Feb 12 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5.5j 14s will look rubbish. Theres loads of choice in the right offset/stud pattern with decent widths, I'd keep looking.

Post a pic of the Alfa wheels if you can, there will most likely be something that looks similar and fits properly.

edit - seen ebay number, there like ronal turbos which are available in a 15x7 et 37 4x100. Whats your budget?

[Edited on 06-02-2012 by Adam_B]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Could I fit wheels with different pcd/ fitment etc ? 24 database queries in 0.0169580 seconds