corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » wanting to widen wheels

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wanting to widen wheels
moxon508

User status: Offline
16th Feb 12 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a corsa gsi with a c20xe conversion. it has gsi shaft in. i am putting wider arches on and want to bring the wheels out the same. can i change the shafts for say astra gsi ones to bring it out further or do i have to have wheel spacers. i will be wragging the motor around a track and thought it would be safer to change the shafts if poss. if so does any body know which shafts. cheers.
jayy.cfg

16th Feb 12 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would go with the spacers, if its track why not use the big block setup rather than the 22 spline setup?
scottyp1989

16th Feb 12 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would take more than just shafts to bring the wheels out further
moxon508

16th Feb 12 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would have to change the hubs to fit the big block shafts. i wanted to keep the gsi calipers so that i can get my 14" compomotives over them.
the wide arches may be off at least for a while. they came today and dont fit. not even close so i will be sending them back.
Phoenix Autosport

19th Feb 12 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably the easiest option is to look for a wider wheel with a different offset to fill the arch better that way you also get the benefit of more rubber in contact with the road and more grip

New Poll