corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Parts Offered » Wordclock

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wordclock
ed

User status: Offline
17th Feb 12 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have available, one Wordclock for sale. This is a basic version of a product I'm currently working on - it simply sits on your desk, windowsill or your sideboard, telling the time in a sentence (it is also suitable for wall mounting, however no hardware is provided for doing so). The clock is powered by a 12v 1a adapter and illuminates the sentence using bright white LED's.

The clock is available in red or dark oak, as pictured, and will come complete with a power supply. For more pictures, visit here: http://edcs.me/portfolio/industrial-design/the-wordclock-prototype/

Please Note: This is a hand finished prototype product built from a surplus of parts I have from development. While it will be finished to the highest of standards, there are a couple of shortcomings which I feel I should inform you of:

- The illumination of the words isn't 100% even, the clock still works really well but some of the words suffer a little fade at the beginning and the end of them.
- The clock doesn't have a backup battery. If you unplug the clock then you'll have to set the time again once you power it back up.
- The face on the clock is made using a decal stuck down onto an acrylic base. When cleaning, you must be very careful and only use a paper towel as microfibre cloths (e.t.c.) seem to catch the edges of the letters.
- The supplied PSU will be second hand, (manufactured by Dell or Netgear!)
- Please allow roughly one to two weeks for delivery!

Hopefully I've been as honest and informative as possible with this - any questions, drop me a u2u or e-mail me on hello@wordclock.co

Price: £85 ono (including UK delivery)

[Edited on 17-02-2012 by ed]
ed

17th Feb 12 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's a picture of the red clock:

A brighter picture of the dark oak clock:

0775kieran

17th Feb 12 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty smart them.
Haimsey
Premium Member

17th Feb 12 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theyre very cool, kind of reminds me of a clock my of DT teacher had at school, it went backwards could never tell the time.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Gary
Premium Member

24th Feb 12 at 08:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Want! Ed, u2u en route
ed

25th Feb 12 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sold, more to come in about a month

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Parts Offered » Wordclock 26 database queries in 0.0113029 seconds