corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » air temp sensor eml light still on after trying 3 different sensors

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author air temp sensor eml light still on after trying 3 different sensors
JaffaTB

User status: Offline
18th Feb 12 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anybody know what else could be causing this error to come up? basically I keep getting error 71 air temperature sensor, I have tried a spare I had in the shed and it was the same so I guessed it could be another bad one as it wasnt new, so I bought a brand new one off ebay and its still the same, car runs ok but after a while the eml will come on and its always code 71, sometimes it doesnt come on at all where sometimes it will come on after 5 minutes, really getting on my nerves now!

[Edited on 18-02-2012 by JaffaTB]
TMM

18th Feb 12 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah - I had one doing this a while back. Can you get it on opcom and check the voltage it's showing? If it shows the nominal loom voltage permanently then I'll bet there's a busted wire. The one I had had broken just where the wire runs into the connector. They break inside the insulation so you get intermittent contact - when it loses contact you get the error code. Doesn't actually affect the running, just annoying.
JaffaTB

18th Feb 12 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the reply, will check that out as its only started happening since i unplugged the sensor to get at something else

New Poll