corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » selling an engine on ebay.... to germany

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author selling an engine on ebay.... to germany
Alex_Rally

User status: Offline
20th Feb 12 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a engine on ebay for sale and a guy from germany has offered me the price im wanting for it through paypal.
and said that if i put it on a pallet all strapped down he will have it collected by a courier.

i just dont feel right about the hole deal, it feels dodgy, im thinking he can just say that he never recived the engine then claim the 200+ quid back off me .
and i loose out, how can i stop this happening ????
mex

20th Feb 12 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the courier he send will make you sign something or give you paperwork to prove it was collected
JaffaTB

20th Feb 12 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt do it tbh, if he pays by paypal and he's using a hacked or frauded account and you go through with the sale you will lose the engine and your paypal account will have a negative balance so you will be out of pocket too
shaned12345

20th Feb 12 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell him bank transfer or nothing.
Alex_Rally

21st Feb 12 at 06:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer it feels wrong to me like.
al see if her can do that money gram thing. where you go to the post office .
Phoenix Autosport

21st Feb 12 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dealing that way is a common scam, im not saying he is dodgy but i have heard of a lot of people getting stung like that.
it goes something like.

chap pays you by paypal
courier turns up to colllect
day or so later you get a message asking when it will be ready to collect
you say what the hell its already collected
chap says well i didnt collect it must have been someone else, opens ebay/paypal claim
you didnt contract the courier yourself so cant prove you sent
ebay/paypal back the buyer
you loose money and goods
johnhara1

21st Feb 12 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you courier it, you must be the sender so you have the tracking details which you use to qualify for paypal protection.

Phoenix Autosport

21st Feb 12 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnhara1
If you courier it, you must be the sender so you have the tracking details which you use to qualify for paypal protection.

but he said
quote:
Originally posted by Alex_Rallyand said that if i put it on a pallet all strapped down he will have it collected by a courier.

which means the buyer has the contract with the courier not the seller and as all the details of the shippment are subject to data protection the courier will only deal with him, any tracking you can access will only tell you it has been delivered and wont provide proof of who it has gone to, for proof of delivery (ie a signature) you need to be the person who has contracted the courier to do the job
JamesMG

21st Feb 12 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got exactly this at the moment,

I have sent many parts abroad before inc engines and gearboxes, but this time despite me asking for his address and giving a quote, he keeps telling me his courier will collect...

Im selling a 4motion golf v6 and the guy is from Germany... Reckons he struggles to find one over there
samole

21st Feb 12 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not just ask for his proffered courier. you will set it up. then you have all the paper work/ proof on your end.
johnhara1

22nd Feb 12 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix Autosport
quote:
Originally posted by johnhara1

but he said
quote:
Originally posted by Alex_Rallyand said that if i put it on a pallet all strapped down he will have it collected by a courier.

which means the buyer has the contract with the courier not the seller and as all the details of the shippment are subject to data protection the courier will only deal with him, any tracking you can access will only tell you it has been delivered and wont provide proof of who it has gone to, for proof of delivery (ie a signature) you need to be the person who has contracted the courier to do the job

That's what i meant. The sender as in the person who arranges the courier.
corsadonk
Premium Member

22nd Feb 12 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go you to your advert, and change the people you can sell it to. In the revise your ad section.

Alex_Rally

23rd Feb 12 at 06:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i messaged them 2 days ago, saying im not keep on the hole idea and have hurd nothing back, i think it must have been a scam... thank fuck.

New Poll