corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Garage repair how much should it cost feel ive been conned

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Garage repair how much should it cost feel ive been conned
alan-g-w

User status: Offline
28th Feb 12 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He pulled the line and broke it deliberately?
corsadonk
Premium Member

28th Feb 12 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought the MOT tester just looks at the brake system, and test them on the rollers.

I reckon you should take a dump on his door step.
Chris
Premium Member

28th Feb 12 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The rate should come from autodata, this shows the job and the HR time, from this they then give a price.

5hrs, is a full replace of all brakes and a full clean inside and out.
blainej1

28th Feb 12 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he didnt change all the breaks he fitted a flexi hose changed a cv gaitor and fitted a handbrake cable i just dont see how its doubled in price i was quoted its going elsewhere anyway
Terry12

28th Feb 12 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He charged you £216 just for labour on handbrake cable, CV boot and brake line?

That is extortionate mate. Even if he supplied the parts for that price it's still expensive.
I'd be looking for a new garage, Stories like this make me glad I do all my own work.
Corsa_Sport21

28th Feb 12 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For a start, he shouldn't have let you drive the car away when he knew it had a fucked brake line.

You could shaft him for that alone.

That alone would have made me go somewhere else.
taylorboosh

28th Feb 12 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you pay? If so why didn't you say that's not what you quoted?
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

28th Feb 12 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The braided line could have been corroded at the join, thats my only take on that.

Brake alignment - Sounds like he means brake imbalance, one brake is probably sticking, probably just a good strip & clean would cure that.
Sam
Premium Member

28th Feb 12 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Garages like this piss me off, some of them don't know their arse from their elbow and others are just blatant conmen.

This sounds like the sort of thing my local Formula One place do, we stupidly took one of our cars there years ago to have new discs and pads fitted all round, it took them 2 fucking days to do the job!

Jesus wept!
baza31

28th Feb 12 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does happen , things can be seized , things do break . You can heat up bolts but they can still go . If you could of done the job why didn't you? It's not easy quoting for a repair to £100 sometimes . If it's been well maintained parts are free if it's not then it's inevitable it won't be straight forward , one job can lead into another .

baza31

28th Feb 12 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
For a start, he shouldn't have let you drive the car away when he knew it had a fucked brake line.

You could shaft him for that alone.

That alone would have made me go somewhere else.

Incorrect. He will have issued a failure sheet. The tester has NO power to keep vehicle off road . The DRIVER is at fault .
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

28th Feb 12 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Usually on the failure sheet it will be marked *DANGEROUS* or words to that effect beside each defect considered dangerous.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Garage repair how much should it cost feel ive been conned 23 database queries in 0.0137911 seconds