corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » buying something outside of ebay with bank transfer

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author buying something outside of ebay with bank transfer
LeeM

User status: Offline
29th Feb 12 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there anyway at all that i can do this and get some kind of protection so i dont get scammed?
Brett
Premium Member

29th Feb 12 at 17:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't personally. If anything, click buy on the auction then agree with seller that you'll withdraw so he can get his funds back once you've got the goods.

[Edited on 29-02-2012 by Brett]
LeeM

29th Feb 12 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im the high bidder but its been advertised badly with a mis spelled title. its a bargain already but i wanna make sure i get it
Toby
Premium Member

1st Mar 12 at 06:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why not use paypal still?
Russ

1st Mar 12 at 07:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do not use anything but paypal, or cash face to face
taylorboosh

1st Mar 12 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
do not use anything but paypal, or cash face to face
Brett
Premium Member

1st Mar 12 at 08:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used paypal to buy something outside of ebay and still got screwed. Paid for a stereo, guy withdrew funds and disappeared. I won the dispute with paypal but because he had no funds in the account I couldn't get refunded. You're only covered 100% if you go through the official channel, hence my suggestion above. As said, cash face to face is absolutely the best way to go, I only ever search for local stuff these days.

[Edited on 01-03-2012 by Brett]
Fro

1st Mar 12 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
I used paypal to buy something outside of ebay and still got screwed. Paid for a stereo, guy withdrew funds and disappeared. I won the dispute with paypal but because he had no funds in the account I couldn't get refunded. You're only covered 100% if you go through the official channel, hence my suggestion above. As said, cash face to face is absolutely the best way to go, I only ever search for local stuff these days.

[Edited on 01-03-2012 by Brett]

Paypal shafted you. (an me in the opposite way) They took circa £350 from my account (had nothing in it) and refunded it to a twat after a guy claimed he never received the phone even though it was signed for

[Edited on 01-03-2012 by Fro]
Brett
Premium Member

1st Mar 12 at 09:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, they made his account negative with the money owed to me, but said since he had no card or bank on file they couldn't release funds. Check their T&C's, but what I am saying was deffo right a few years ago.
LeeM

1st Mar 12 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh he agreed to take PayPal in the end. He thought he'd still pay eBay fees if he took PayPal
Fro

1st Mar 12 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Yeah, they made his account negative with the money owed to me, but said since he had no card or bank on file they couldn't release funds. Check their T&C's, but what I am saying was deffo right a few years ago.

Such jammy bastards hate them with a passion. They chased me with debt collectors, might be doing the same with him. Who knows with them.
Brett
Premium Member

1st Mar 12 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been there and ignored those enough times haha

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » buying something outside of ebay with bank transfer 23 database queries in 0.0101590 seconds