corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Customs U.K?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Customs U.K?
corsa_paz

User status: Offline
1st Mar 12 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ordered exhaust of Ebay 30th Jan 2012...was sent from USA and delivered into U.K on 10th Feb which parcelforce tracking shows, but no update since then...tried to contact parcelforce, which was difficult to even find a contact number to actually speak to a human being...

They state my parcel would have been with UKBA...which is border agency in the U.K, but they havent send me any invoice to pay duty or anything??!!! ive requested a search but what else can i do?? its a huge box apparently with my dual catback exhaust set up, which cant go missing at the international hub or 'fall behind' the pallet?!!

where would i stand in terms of getting my money back from Ebay/Paypal as ive already opened a case with seller who has been great, but still leaves me without exhaust and £400 short of cash!!

any advice of that and how procedures work at UK customs??

Eddx14xe

1st Mar 12 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother bought a guitar from America and it took ages to get sorted iirc. I'll ask him when I see him later, about what happens etc.
corsa_paz

1st Mar 12 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks!

Also, Item was sent from USPS postal service via Priority International Mail which should only take 10working days for delivery...im assuming someone has nick it, but how can someone walk away with a huge parcel soon as it lands here?!!
Sunz

1st Mar 12 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I've got items from abroad the invoice for duty arrived weeks after the parcel.
Fro

1st Mar 12 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be investigating it further/spot checks etc. I'd give it another week then start chasing again.
corsa_paz

1st Mar 12 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fro
Could be investigating it further/spot checks etc. I'd give it another week then start chasing again.

But tracking doesnt state if its with Customs or not...and parcelforce dont know the whereabouts either as they only got same info as me apparently!

if anyone see a lexus is250 dual exhaust being sold by some pikey please let me know
Dan
Premium Member

1st Mar 12 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its been stolen, lets hope the sender stated the correct value, and didnt put a really low value. As this will leave u royally fucked

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
corsa_paz

1st Mar 12 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
If its been stolen, lets hope the sender stated the correct value, and didnt put a really low value. As this will leave u royally fucked

But wouldnt i just get a refund from Paypal/Ebay for 'Item not delivered'?

Wouldnt seller need to make a claim rather than me??
shaned12345

1st Mar 12 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parcelforce tracking will always tell you if its with customs. Might have gone walkies tbh.
shaned12345

1st Mar 12 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But yeah paypal will refund you if tracking shows it hasnt been delivered SOMEWHERE.
stuartmitchell

1st Mar 12 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This happened to me mate. It was held with Uk customs for a few days then delivered to my local depot. I picked it up there and paid the charges in person with my card.
Toby
Premium Member

1st Mar 12 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

having shipped stuff in with parcelforce in the past they have asked you to pay customs fees prior to releasing, however others liek DHL will send you an invoice afterwards. Have they tried to contact you?
Eddx14xe

1st Mar 12 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spoke to my mum about it. She said once it has gone through customs, the delivery company will send you a letter saying what charges you have to pay. Once you've paid these charges, it's then delivered.
Eddx14xe

1st Mar 12 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She did say my brothers guitar took about 2-3 weeks to be delivered as well.
corsa_paz

2nd Mar 12 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for all the info...

but my tracking status on PF hasnt changed to Customs or even awaiting Customs Charges, not received any phone calls or anything!

Will try calling my local depot
Toby
Premium Member

2nd Mar 12 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

USPS are crap though. I had something delivered a week ago.and it still says its in new jersey
corsa_paz

2nd Mar 12 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

update....got on the phone to parcelforce headoffice and ranted my ass off to which they phoned the Hub for someone to check (they orginally said only the seller can request a search, not buyer) and hey presto, they found it as the tracking info has changed to a delivery date and its where abouts now.

Just hoping my exhaust isnt damaged, and some fool in the warehouse has been walking over it like it was a pallet!

big relief!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Customs U.K? 24 database queries in 0.0117810 seconds