corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c20let. f28 gearbox help.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20let. f28 gearbox help.
thomson

User status: Offline
1st Mar 12 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awrite, got a c20let engine with a f20 box in a corsa but would like to change it to a f28 when it goes in my corsa gsi.

now are there 2 types off f28 boxes cable or electric,
does it matter which type i get.
is there a certain kind off mounting kit i need to get
also what poundage off springs should i be looking at getting using the f28, will 275lb or 300 be ok

suspension will be coilovers all round, fully poly bushed and a rear white line arb and rear strut brace.
will put the battery in the boot if needs be as dont want the frunt end too heavy.

sorry for the layout but my question mark button on my laptop is fucked.

and help advice would be great
cheers
fazza

1st Mar 12 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

275lb will be more than enough mate. you want to get a cable box as you wont get the speedo to work with an elec box(as far as im aware)

will need the lowering blocks for the tiebar to fit the f28

Oh and did you text me the other day chap?
reecegsi

2nd Mar 12 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Counts on what clocks you got electric or cable? As said 275lb is fine and when changing box you will need to check flywheel if its flat or pot type? And change the bits accordingly so that it all fits
fazza

2nd Mar 12 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a gsi he has so will be mech clocks.

Isnt as easy as just fitting elec clocks to get the f28(elec) to work though from what I remember?

New Poll