corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » im 19 just brought a corsa b what mods would you recommend

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author im 19 just brought a corsa b what mods would you recommend
danielturner5892

User status: Offline
8th Mar 12 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for that mate
vx-scottw
Premium Member

8th Mar 12 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and now looks like this

DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

8th Mar 12 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who's that?

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
danielturner5892

8th Mar 12 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

things dont happen overnight do they unfortunatly otherwise id have every mod in 1 day lmao
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

8th Mar 12 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No they don't mate,i've had my car now nearly 3 years.

I was same as you,didn't know what to buy and how to mod and how to make it look nice. Put i kept asking everyones opinions and looking through threads and got alot of ideas.

What are the mods your wanting mate?

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
vx-scottw
Premium Member

8th Mar 12 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yours dan

lmao its called true love to your car

danielturner5892

8th Mar 12 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lowered alloys debadged grille unsure about tinting the windows dont know if it looks tatty its the sills that are annoying my the most at the moment as they have plates welded on them and painted black and it stands out hopefully i some gsi sideskirts should sort that out its a good base to start from its only had 3 owners and 70,000 on clock im thinking sxi wheel of the corsa c painted black
danielturner5892

8th Mar 12 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i put the lexus lights in but might take them out as eeryone thinks they look shite
vx-scottw
Premium Member

8th Mar 12 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should put a thread on project and builds
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

8th Mar 12 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're better off looking through the " show me your corsa's" thread to get ideas

Some great cars in this thread:

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=629225&highlight=1&pid=8334035#pid8334035

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Phoenix Autosport

8th Mar 12 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

concidering you are only 19 i would expect most mods to need to be cosmetic rather than performance related for insurance reasons, i would start with run over with a fine cutting compound then a realy good polish to restore the paintwork, debadging and colorcoding parts will also be safe from an insurance point of view.
i recon refurbing your standard alloys in gloss black would realy look good on your car, spoilers and skirts if they are standard vauxhall items will also not attract a premium hike as the car could have been specified with them from new but beware that aftermarket items however similar looking wont have the type approval of a genuine part so will increase your insurance premium, on the cars interior there are 4 donts if you want to keep on the right side of the insurance man,
1) keep a full interior, if you strip it you will invalidate the insurance just as you would adding a modified part, the interior has been designed to protect you and the insurance companies liability for you in an accident.
2) dont remove or change any of the seats (saftey equipment needs to be type approved in order keep insurance low, if your interior is cack try finding a better or higher spec one from another corsa b to replace it as it will still be designed for your car.
3) seatbelts, just leave them alone, dont touch them period
4) steering wheel (if it has an airbag leave it alone removing it will affect your insurance) however if your car wasnt fited with an airbag a sensible aftermarket one will most likely be accepted provided it is of a similar diameter.

hope this helps
Liam-Wilko

9th Mar 12 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heres a link mate for projects and builds get some idea's from these
http://www.c20xe.co.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=67

on a personal level i would get rid of the lexus lights they are chavy and tacky as most people will tell you

DO rememeber it is your car and you should build/mod it how you like it opinions are always good but still do your own thing nice base car as well mate
danielturner5892

9th Mar 12 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are gsi sideskirts hard to fit
Liam-Wilko

9th Mar 12 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no mate but if you get the skirts you will need the arches
danielturner5892

9th Mar 12 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate anyone know whats the best way to use g3 on a red corsa and if thats what i need to get the red back as my corsa is patchy in places
Phoenix Autosport

10th Mar 12 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use a damp cloth with the compound dont go mad and be carefull of any edges as they will wear through first, take it a panel at a time and wipe clean after then polish, i used the color magic stuff (tin not bottle) on my old red corsa and it realy helped even out the patchy paint where it had been sprayed and blown in but paint had faded differently.

also just did some red flocked bits for a chap this week, another insurance friendly mod, have a look on my facebook page and thread on here for more examples

http://www.facebook.com/phoenixautosport

http://www.facebook.com/phoenixautosport

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll