corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What to do with my X16XEL?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What to do with my X16XEL?
andy_mk3

User status: Offline
16th Mar 12 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a X16XEL I'm currently rebuilding for my Mk3 Astra, I'm asking on here as you guys seem to know a lot about these lumps.

Here's what I plan to do with it:

dBilas Throttle bodies (already got)
Cams (Newman cams possibly)
Dastek Unichip
And then of course back it all up with some head work and and good exhaust system.

So my question is, will it be better if I 'converted' it to a X16XE, or does it make any difference, in regards to the Dastek Unichip mostly? Is the XE head any different/better than the XEL one also?

Cheers lads
Linch

16th Mar 12 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

XEL Head if it is a late one with triangle shape inlet ports is the best head, And I would sack off the dastek and save for proper management like omex and you should see over 160bhp with that spec and a good exhaust manifold.
andy_mk3

16th Mar 12 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a 1995 engine and I believe it is the triangular ports.

That's good to know I already have the better head.

I did look at the likes of Omex but it's damn expensive, I only plan to run the engine for a couple of years until I can afford to insure something with a lot more poke! I've seen a fair few people running Dastek with good results, it's going to be a good improvement over standard management anyway right?

New Poll