corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Removing driveshafts on a car question?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Removing driveshafts on a car question?
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
18th Mar 12 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are most quite similar? what i plan to do is remove my wheel hub still attached to the driveshaft.

Thinking of just undoing driveshaft where it fixes to gearbox end, can i just pull them out after that and then they push back in?

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

18th Mar 12 at 17:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Help zone?

However if you mean just undoing the inner cv clip and removeing the driveshaft from the cv then yer that would work and they will just pop back in
If you mean removeing the inner cv from the gearbox whilste its attached to the driveshaft, yes it will just pop out with some effort and it will just pop back in too
SportBoy

18th Mar 12 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i may be wrong but most vws inner cvs have 6 allenkey bolts bolting them the the driveflange on the gearbox. so no they wont just pull out.

edit: thats if you on about a vw that is

[Edited on 18-03-2012 by SportBoy]
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

18th Mar 12 at 17:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didnt know it was about a vw haha. Ignore my advice if it is for a vw haha
Gary
Premium Member

18th Mar 12 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sportboy is correct, although they are splined not allen bolts from my experience.
SportBoy

18th Mar 12 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes they are splined not allen.
Gary
Premium Member

18th Mar 12 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and make sure you put the 'washer' thingson with botg bolts, I left one end undone once and it brayed a hole in the box which proceeded to loose gears
davieslim

18th Mar 12 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah multi spline bolts, should be a long m10 to remove them or m8 on older models
3CorsaMeal

18th Mar 12 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do they just push back in and then do the bolts up, nothing weird to align

might take both sides off and clean them up and fit a new end to one
davieslim

19th Mar 12 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its just a case of lining the holes up and starting the bolts one at a time then drawing them in after there all started, dont tighten them up without stating them all or it becomes a pain

New Poll