corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car insurance question.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car insurance question.
Ben G

User status: Offline
20th Mar 12 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

other half passed her test a few weeks back so i need to change her insurance to a full uk license instead of provisional.

it's only 3 weeks until her policy is up so i've been told to contact the renewals dept by diamond customer services to update it.

do i need to do this? or is it best to just wait until her renewal? she needs to drive the car on her own from tomorrow but wouldn't the police pull her over if it says shes insured as a provisional license holder still?

p.s. indian call centre workers suck donkey cocks.

[Edited on 20-03-2012 by Ben G]
John

20th Mar 12 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should do it now, depends whether she'll get stopped/if they'll care.
Ben G

20th Mar 12 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pain in the arse doing it so near to her renewal i've never been stopped and i don't look like a female (i'm a named driver). surely as long as it comes up as insured on askmid then she would be fine?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

20th Mar 12 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't botther for the sake of three weeks. I guess it's only a real issue if she stacks it. If so then I expect you could plead ignorance.

I didn't tell them I wasn't provisional for the remainder of my first year, and that was approx 8 months.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
LeeM

20th Mar 12 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on pnc she'll just show as insured. doesnt have in depth policy details. if she gets pulled on her own and shows the copper her full licence then they probably wont ask any more questions.
Ben G

20th Mar 12 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm fair enough. she doesn't have her full license yet though but has the certifcate from passing? guessing thats enough?
Corsa_Sport21

20th Mar 12 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dosn't pnc now show/have full details available??
andys sxi
Premium Member

20th Mar 12 at 19:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21

yeah they do, it will come up as a provisional driver on there pnc, they will ring dvla and they will says shes got a full licence and they might even ring the insurance company to see what its insured for

up 2 you, you could chance it if you want to, but for the sake of the hassel i would just sort it out now

April 08 feature car
LeeM

20th Mar 12 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andys sxi
quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21

yeah they do, it will come up as a provisional driver on there pnc, they will ring dvla and they will says shes got a full licence and they might even ring the insurance company to see what its insured for

up 2 you, you could chance it if you want to, but for the sake of the hassel i would just sort it out now

pnc has details of licence, not details of insurance cover so it will show on there as full licence holder. and if the police ring her insurer she still needs to give permission for them to ask details or its a breach of dpa.
andys sxi
Premium Member

20th Mar 12 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm getting mixed up with ANPR they can see what insurance it's got

April 08 feature car

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car insurance question. 24 database queries in 0.0115750 seconds