corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BMW E39 530 - Pics and Test Drive - rust advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW E39 530 - Pics and Test Drive - rust advice
blebo

User status: Offline
20th Mar 12 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a 2001 Y reg 530d sport with 112K miles on the clock. Current owner is only getting rid because he has got a dog, so bought the Land Rover in the background...Dogs and Saloons aren't made for each other

The current owner is an ex BMW tech who has owned the car from nearly new. Its got all the original bits and full service history. All the suspension and bushes were changed 18 mths ago. It runs sweet and pulls like a train.

My only concern is a slight bit rust on the side sills at the front wheel. Its the same on both side. What would be involved in getting fixing this? It only looks like surface bubbles but I didn't go prodding with a screwdriver. Anybody shed some light about cost of getting this sorted. It has potential to be a real stunning car. It just need some slight work. If I was to get the rust sorted, stone chips on bonnet s sorted and wheels re done it would be mint.

Whats the going rate for this work?

P.S. I am getting a mates discount on the car...it mine if I want it for £2000.00

[Edited on 20-03-2012 by blebo]
daymoon
Premium Member

20th Mar 12 at 20:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love the wheels!

My mates E39 got same rust problems, I can't imagine it being expensive to sort out. wouldn't put me off.

Get it and buy shadow line kit of me
aim1

20th Mar 12 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there a difference between a D sport and a D sport with The M kit? As that has all the silver trim around the windows, standard front bumper, standard wheels. Thought it was a 530D SE.

[Edited on 20-03-2012 by aim1]
kennySRi

20th Mar 12 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not too clued up with 5 series' but that hasnt got the sport kit and im pretty sure wont be a sport.

Either way though it looks good and for the price you cant really go wrong
daymoon
Premium Member

21st Mar 12 at 00:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah this should be 530D SE AFAIK.

it might have M sport suspension (like mine)
whitter45

21st Mar 12 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aim1
Is there a difference between a D sport and a D sport with The M kit? As that has all the silver trim around the windows, standard front bumper, standard wheels. Thought it was a 530D SE.

[Edited on 20-03-2012 by aim1]

normally SE with MSport suspension as an option with sport steering wheel.

MSport gets bumpers, shadowline, sills etc all only available on that model

aim1

21st Mar 12 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I had exactly that on my old E39 540. Solid motor.
Corsa_Sport21

21st Mar 12 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£2k seems a bargain for that.

Would struggle to get a like for like 530i for that price, and the diesels normally fetch more.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BMW E39 530 - Pics and Test Drive - rust advice 23 database queries in 0.0111809 seconds