corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snowboarding - Best places to buy gear?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Snowboarding - Best places to buy gear?
Rob_Quads

User status: Offline
10th Apr 12 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Freeze Pro Shop have a fairly decent sale on at the moment - i.e. £150 off a Burton Process (although it is ICS so would need ICS bindings) http://www.freezeproshop.com/product-type-snowboard-hardware-snowboards.irc?cName=product-type-snowboard-hardware-snowboards&pg=1
Xs

10th Apr 12 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite baffled by what board and bindings to get. Think I'll wait a couple of weeks then see how the sales are before buying anything.
Stu

10th Apr 12 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Freeze Pro Shop have a fairly decent sale on at the moment - i.e. £150 off a Burton Process (although it is ICS so would need ICS bindings) http://www.freezeproshop.com/product-type-snowboard-hardware-snowboards.irc?cName=product-type-snowboard-hardware-snowboards&pg=1

They have got this years Whammy on there for £200!!! Top all round board that, Ive got last years and I still use that as my holiday board! Piste, powder and park!!

But yeah, thats EST again! You do get a kit with the board tho so you can fit any bindings but your still better with EST, I use Malavitas, perfect combo!!!
RichR
Premium Member

10th Apr 12 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stu - What do you think of Capita boards for Freestyle? Looking for a shorter board for this year as my Step Child's great in powder and all mountain but a bit too long for me for Freestyle. Was looking at the Indoor Survival 152
Stu

10th Apr 12 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
Stu - What do you think of Capita boards for Freestyle? Looking for a shorter board for this year as my Step Child's great in powder and all mountain but a bit too long for me for Freestyle. Was looking at the Indoor Survival 152

Yeah Capita are awesome, Scott Stevens cant be wrong eh?! A mate of mine Jordy Gee rides for them and loves them!

Stairmaster is supposed to be a sweet board and 152 is the perfect length, only reason I wouldnt get on with it is because its camber and not rocker! Ridden rockers/flat boards for too long now. Was in Sunvert the other day and noticed they had these on offer for £200!

Xs

10th Apr 12 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you know what size board is best? I've been using 154 rockers at Xscape, well I think it's been rocker boards?!
Stu

10th Apr 12 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Xs
How do you know what size board is best? I've been using 154 rockers at Xscape, well I think it's been rocker boards?!

Longer boards are more stable at higher speeds but are harder to turn and spin because of their extra length and weight. They tend to be stiffer as well.

Shorter boards are less stable but are easier to spin making them better for park and jibbing. For this reason they are usually made softer too so presses are easier. Even if your not hitting park, boards like this are still great in a dome as you aren't going to get much speed up and its all about getting plenty of turns in and messing about.

To be honest its down to personal preference but like I say, I ride a 151 World Wide Weapon and Im 6 foot and 13 stone.

154 is a good length tho, a good inbetween size for park and piste. I ride a 155 Whammy bar on holiday and thats a great board in the park and on the kickers

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snowboarding - Best places to buy gear? 23 database queries in 0.0086842 seconds