corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Valve experts? Anyone know much about valves

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Valve experts? Anyone know much about valves
micra_pete
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Apr 12 at 10:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A real longshot this one, but with the mix of knowledge on here it was worth a go!

I need 'something' like this. 50mm ish passive one way valve that will open according to flow.

why not buy that you may ask, well its american and a little more than I wanted to spend by the time it would get here.

Any ideas? its for a car application btw.

tom130691
Premium Member

11th Apr 12 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take one from another car/bike must be a few about with them these days
micra_pete
Premium Member

11th Apr 12 at 10:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm trying to find something similiar, its not a stock type part. Something near would be investigated if anyone can think of anything
LeeM

11th Apr 12 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats it being used for?
DaveyLC

11th Apr 12 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is it for?? exhaust back pressure?
micra_pete
Premium Member

11th Apr 12 at 10:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, inlet.

Its for the legacy, it uses an odd vacuum system and i want to bypass something, its under mild pressure so needs to be fairly solid.

I know what I want / need to do i'm just struggling to find a suitable part
micra_pete
Premium Member

11th Apr 12 at 10:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the replies btw.
DaveyLC

11th Apr 12 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are vacum flap valves on a lot of modern cars in the exhaust, you could use one of those and control it with a vacum sensor and a vacum accumulator from a car with a variable vane turbo.
micra_pete
Premium Member

11th Apr 12 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a few of those Dave for other things , it needs not to be controlled. Its a passive one way valve that needs good flow
The one pictured is almost perfect but would be very overpriced for my needs.
Bart

11th Apr 12 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like your looking for a simple non return valve?

Google Search
micra_pete
Premium Member

11th Apr 12 at 11:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bart love,

I have of course done that, I've spent three days searching, and that one pictured is the closest. It needs to be sturdy and ideally adjust with flow.

Thanks to everyone for your help though, I think i'll bite the bullet at get the one above.
DaveyLC

11th Apr 12 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're not trying to fit a dump valve to a diesel turbo are you?
micra_pete
Premium Member

11th Apr 12 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes

No not really Dave, I have a legacy GTB, i'm making some changes to how the turbo change-over system works

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Valve experts? Anyone know much about valves 23 database queries in 0.0161991 seconds