corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Freebie 5 Door

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Freebie 5 Door
DanDrury

User status: Offline
   11th Apr 12 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Havent really been on here much, so i though id change that!

(Copied for AllCorsa)

I though i had better start a project thread for the (sort of) new corsa.

The storey with the 2 door was, the previous owner swapped the engine out for an SRi lump (C14SE) i found out after 'replacement' parts not fitting. I decided to take it off the road as it seems the best thing to do. I will be partially stripping and selling shell and engine etc. Anyway, enough about that one!

So i was looking for something with less miles and better condition that my last one. After talking to a family friend she said i could have her car. I wasnt expection much at all for a freebie, but i was somewhat surprised with what i recieved.

Its a 1993 Corsa B LS. 3 spoke alloys, a beautifully flat purple with additional surface rust spots. Interior is near mint, other than drivers side bolser split. It had 112k on the clock with full service history just passed MOT and very recently taxed.

I did the usual and took my audio from the 3 door. Took the front Components out, the Head Unit and sub, run wires etc. Took me about an hour and a half.

Heres a few pics of the out side:

I got bored while i was out with Krazeedude one evening, and decided to 'debadge' it, with a top up card and a razor blade the result:

A few days after talking to a mate from a local meet he had a few bit for sale, so i bought this for a tidy sum of £80:

So far the gain is just below half, -2 on the Head unit, running a 60A fuse about 6" from the battery on 8AWG. It will be 4AWG when i get round to installing it

I have a few plans that are in the making. I have a post 97 bumper i will be semi-smoothing and adding a laguna splitter and debadged grille. I will be smoothing the rear bumper too.

I have a set of FK -60 front springs and shocks and also bilstein -60 rear shocks and springs. A front upper strut brace, i wont fit a rear as i want my bass

Also as i want something that is different, i have decided I (including ADam and Krazeedude) will be respraying my whole car ... Matte Black. I like the colour, i know alot of people dont To start with i will kind of 'stealth the whole car. But then i think i will be spraying my slabs ST Orange, along with a few accents around the car. Or ST Green (lime green) just to stand out a little. My reason for Matte Black? Well, im not really into the super shiney cars.

Oh, and my first, of many, AC sticker:

Comments and Ideas welcome!

Not so much an update, just a couple of snaps and ive bought a few bits a pieces. Was planning to fit them this weekend, but the weathers a bit shite so ive decided against it.

I made a start smoothing a front Post 97 bumper, i roughly sanded and started filling. Then let it set but only got this far, as it rained:

Set of Green SMDs, this is in day light too!

Did our usually weekly meet with Krazeedude (ADam couldnt make it that week) as snapped these few:

These popped up on Ebay after a friend let me down getting them:

Also ordered nearly 100 cheets of assorted wet and dry ranging from 240 up to 2500:

Ill be using this to fill in the deep curbing marks on my slabs (hopefully it will work and they will look alot better!):

Was becoming increasingly annoyed with having to let any passengers in door by door. So this was ordered next:

. Also have an Air Horn to go on, got to sort out my front door speakers (at the same time im going to wire the front actuators in and get those working!) Also run upgrade my sub wiring to 4AWG, and wire in my 2nd Amp for the front door speakers.

A little update. Spent the day over in Luton Town, with ADam and his bro (and his dad).

Got the exhaust on, it just needs a bit more paste as the backbox pipe was a little sqashed. Racetube went on too, sounds pretty good atm.

This was the state of my old centre section, i wondered why it was going ... burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr when letting off

Also put my springs/shocks on, so its finally lowered. Look SO much better! Handle quite well, although i havent been out thrashing it, as it hasnt settled yet theres a few creeks and squeeks.

Comparison of the two:

ADam and me changed the needles to orange ones, tried to get the steering wheel off, but that didnt happen.

Also had a nasty rattle around 2.5k revs. It as the heatsheild rattling like mad, as the bottom bolt had sheard, so with a bit of wiggling that snapped off. So the rattling stopped.

Well ... This is how it sits now. I honestly couldnt be happier with it.

Comments/Ideas welcome!
tom130691
Premium Member

11th Apr 12 at 13:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a heat gun on those archs! and bumpers

DanDrury

11th Apr 12 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive used AG Bumper Care now! Its so much better!

The fronts are definatley grey, they wont darken at all!!
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

11th Apr 12 at 14:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good, spray the bumpers and arches satin black, looks new and you won't need to play stuff to it all the time

[Edited on 11-04-2012 by Darryl H]

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
DanDrury

11th Apr 12 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, as you can see from the pics, ive got loads of matt black, so will be going over them
BeetleGav

11th Apr 12 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

please dont paint the car mattblack
DanDrury

12th Apr 12 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The purple isnt a good look.

When im home tonight ill post up a Photoshop (first time i had ever used it) i did with CCing, de bumpstrip and rear doors de handled
D0NN3R

12th Apr 12 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
please dont paint the car mattblack

keep it purple
Jamie-C

12th Apr 12 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DanDrury
The purple isnt a good look.

Purple is , don't see many in that colour. Don't spray it

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Freebie 5 Door 25 database queries in 0.0119219 seconds