corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » running coil overs / setting them up

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author running coil overs / setting them up
gav93

User status: Offline
12th Apr 12 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone got any pointers or tips on chaging over to coilovers from shocks and springs? as in setting them up like.
also whats the best poundage spring to use? its a 1,2 8v b on the current springs they say '1020' ?? and is it best to run with spring helpers or without as i do want it low will it affect much if they are booted of?

oh and they appeasr to be hot tuning coilovers too

[Edited on 12-04-2012 by gav93]
Edges 58

12th Apr 12 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they come with helper springs then use them, as for setting the height, count how many threads are below the spring seat, adjust the two fronts to same as each other and the two rears same as each other, put it on the floor, drive round the block swerving around abit to make them settle. Lower or lift depending on where you want it to sit.

As for poundage, think mine are 300lb, with the 1.2 8v it handled really good
gav93

12th Apr 12 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for that matey , on the springs on my coilovers all they say is '1020' on them?

also with the top mount obviously from reading i will remove the top mount from the old strut (using spring compressors!!) i gather i need an 8 mm and 18/19 mm swan neck spanners and an allen key to hold the pistton in the strut?

that sound all good to you guys? just making sure before i go ahead always good to double check i find
JaffaTB

13th Apr 12 at 05:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds good to me, i know you will need either an 8mm or 10mm on the top of the piston on the standard strut, not sure what the top of the racelands piston is like though
Edges 58

13th Apr 12 at 06:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The top nut is a 19mm, try get hold of an impact gun as its loads easier than a swan neck

New Poll