corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Any Megane owners ? 2002-2006 models.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any Megane owners ? 2002-2006 models.
Sunz

User status: Offline
12th Apr 12 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Long shot but I thought I would ask here. . .

There are some rather nice Meganes for sale for around my budget. 2002-2006 models, 50k-60k 1.5 dci 80 and 1.9 dci 120.. 3dr Dynamique.

I seem to hear a lot of horror storys about them but yet at the same time they use the same engines as the clio in the 1.5 version which is said to be pretty reliable.

Just wondered if there was some people who use the forum who have any hands on information..

Many Thanks.
Antwon

12th Apr 12 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother has one, it's a lovely car, smooth ride and nice nippy engine.
Matty W

12th Apr 12 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

used to work for a renault dealer. Major issues like EGR valve getting coked sollid and turbo's drinking there own oil feed causing them to go runaway but only seen that on a few.

main issue being window regulators. usually just a connector issue fixed under a recall but the actual regs on the older ones tend to be shite and expensive to replace.

lovely to drive though
dava.

12th Apr 12 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv got the 175dci sport, 08 so slightly newer but not much different aside for all the sport gear, seem to be pretty reliable, just be the usual megane stuff that will be up, window regulators, tps valves breaking etc nothing overly major im only finding stuff out by forums aint had anything really bad up with mine yet (touch wood)

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Any Megane owners ? 2002-2006 models. 23 database queries in 0.0099151 seconds