corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » speeding

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author speeding
corsajay88

User status: Offline
13th Apr 12 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on my way home on a dual carriage way which is a 50 pulled out to overtake old person doing 30 and got to about 55 without realising, there was a police bike hiding with one of those handheld cameras. can they give you a ticket if they don't pull you over, wasnt sure. thanks

whitter45

13th Apr 12 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sure it was a speed camera
Nic Barnes

13th Apr 12 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't think so.
Eddx14xe

13th Apr 12 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should be ok as you have a 10% allowance. The same as speed cameras don't actually go off until you're doing 77+ mph.
marklawton

13th Apr 12 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope, he would have had to pull you over there and then
John

13th Apr 12 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
You should be ok as you have a 10% allowance. The same as speed cameras don't actually go off until you're doing 77+ mph.

You don't have any allowance unless they want to give you one.
corsajay88

13th Apr 12 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

police x5 come steaming up the other way with sirens on. was definately one of the radar guns. he was hiding well out of view. not just at the side of the road. his bike was tucked away on a side road basically couldn't see him till about 75 feet away maybe less
Eddx14xe

13th Apr 12 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe

You don't have any allowance unless they want to give you one.

I always thought they did?

Speed cameras do, so do those board things that light up when you're speeding. The 30mph ones don't go off until you're doing 33+ etc.

Around here they don't pull you over until you're doing 10mph over the speed limit, this came from a policeman that pulled my mum over for speeding a few months back.
John

13th Apr 12 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The speed camera could be set at bang on 30.

They'll probably let you away with it but there's absolutely nothing saying they have to.
RichR
Premium Member

13th Apr 12 at 11:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
The speed camera could be set at bang on 30.

In all honesty, I think they'll do precisely that soon, there will be a zero tolerance. At the end of the day, no speedo is allowed to under read the actual speed a car is doing, it can over read by 10% + 6.25mph so if for example, you were doing 50mph, you're speedo could read up to 61.25mph and still fall within the tolerances of the law.

The reality is, there is no justification for saying a speedo is out as it is only out in a way that wouldn't see you being done for speeding. If you're caught at 33mph, your speedo could justifiably have been reading anywhere up to 42.55mph so regardless, you were over the indicated '30' on your dash. I can see that being the standpoint given that with the potential raise to 80mph speed limits on motorways, they're talking about an absolute zero tolerance for anyone above 80mph and this will end up filtering down

Edit: That's my misinterpratation, the 110% + 6.25mph is for speed readings for singularly approved vehicles, i.e. SVA/IVA. The EC directive is 10%, so my argument above still stands, its just the figures which are incorrect for mass production vehicles. so at 33, a mass produced car would be 36.3mph upper limit

[Edited on 13-04-2012 by LiVe LeE]
N3CRO

13th Apr 12 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by marklawton
nope, he would have had to pull you over there and then

This.
AlunJ

13th Apr 12 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a copper with a speed gun get me the other day, 38mph indicated in a 30 just as I was slowing down for a tight bend that you really can't take at much above 25mph, pretty well hidden as well, bastards but there we go, didn't get pulled or anything.
Jonny.K

13th Apr 12 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

10% plus 2 n youl get away with it .....i.e you get away with 35 in a 30 n 79 in a 70 itl flash but nothing will gome of it

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » speeding 23 database queries in 0.0127208 seconds