corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Aprilia RS125? Opinions?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Aprilia RS125? Opinions?
jrdn7

User status: Offline
14th Apr 12 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
Originally posted by jrdn7
quote:
Originally posted by ed
I had an RX50 years back, never missed a beat

I don't think a 50cc would do me now! haha Need as much power as I can legally have! (33bhp )

Was a fun bike, but not all that quick in comparison to the 125. Was just saying that I had no problems with the engine, what with it being largely similar. I guess if you get one and it breaks you can always re-build it and hopefully having something that's like new. Parts are cheap and easy to get hold of.

Sorry mate, misread your post. What year was your one mate?

See when people are saying about warm it up, does that just mean that you've to let it run for a bit before heading out?
jrdn7

14th Apr 12 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just found this on the Aprilia website. Oh yes!
XE Col
Premium Member

14th Apr 12 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a Sachs XTC125, that was a cracking bike, never had any issues with that really
Sunz

14th Apr 12 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will be paying about £1800-£2k for a decent 2006 onwards like the one in the picture, which is a lot for a 125, when you could do your licence for a bigger bike plus buy a decent 600 for that.
jrdn7

14th Apr 12 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
You will be paying about £1800-£2k for a decent 2006 onwards like the one in the picture, which is a lot for a 125, when you could do your licence for a bigger bike plus buy a decent 600 for that.

Can't get my 126cc+ license until I'm 18 in Ireland. I'm not after the bike in the pic, just the colour scheme. The one I'm after is pre-2002, older model like.

Could I pick up a RS125 pre-2002 easy enough for around £500, even if it involves a bit of work?
Sunz

14th Apr 12 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here where I live it would be possible to get one for £500, a tatty one that would be a S reg (98) but I always thought it was more expensive in Ireland for cars and bikes.
jrdn7

14th Apr 12 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
Here where I live it would be possible to get one for £500, a tatty one that would be a S reg (98) but I always thought it was more expensive in Ireland for cars and bikes.

Whereabouts are you mate? What would 'tatty' be best described as? Yeah, everything is much more expensive over here. Looking at €1500 now for an RS125, that's in shit condition too.
Sunz

14th Apr 12 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm just outside of London, down in Kent.

For me personally tatty would be, some scratches on the body work, maybe a missing mud guard, rip in the seat, just visual issues rather then anything mechanical.

Is probably a fair few around London that are up for sale for around £500-£600, very popular 125 overall.
jrdn7

14th Apr 12 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right so sorry for wasting everyone's time but I can't get a bike now. Parents will probably disown me if I get one.

Cheers for all your feedback. Corsasport, not just for Corsa's!
bally2010
Premium Member

14th Apr 12 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jonny.K
if u want a quick expensive bike thatl undoubtably go bang jus buy a cagiva mito rarer jus as quick if not quicker and look soooo much better almost like ducatis stunning little bike

mito are alot quicker not maybe ARE.

just get a gilera runner 172

EDIT: Didnt read your not getting one now.

[Edited on 14-04-2012 by bally2010]
jrdn7

14th Apr 12 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bally2010
quote:
if u want a quick expensive bike thatl undoubtably go bang jus buy a cagiva mito rarer jus as quick if not quicker and look soooo much better almost like ducatis stunning little bike

Na mate I couldn't go for a scooter, too much abuse from my mates! If I win the lottery I'll be getting a mito, but I'll have to keep the RS125 in my thoughts (not the driveway :mad for now.
bally2010
Premium Member

14th Apr 12 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imo rs are not very good and why would you get piss took out of you look on youtube at gilera runner 172 , lots more fun than a rs.
jrdn7

14th Apr 12 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the clowns here only go by looks, they'll laugh at a Ducati 996 over a Harley or something.

I'm hearing mixed opinions on the RS, some good, some not so good. Are parts dear for them?
bally2010
Premium Member

14th Apr 12 at 23:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

duno but a friend had a rs and engine blew 3 times. in a month or so
3i_gaz

14th Apr 12 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
imo rs are not very good and why would you get piss took out of you look on youtube at gilera runner 172 , lots more fun than a rs.

a scooter compared to a geared bike? are you taking the piss?
Sunz

15th Apr 12 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scooter vs a small geared bike and I think it's pretty close in terms of performance and fun.

A 172 Gilera Runner or Italjet Dragster 172 is more fun around town I feel personally after owning both them 2 and an RS125.

zac753

15th Apr 12 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had a rs50 rebuilt the top end a good 3 times in the space i had it did get ragged as was a 50cc, great fun tho looking into 125 myself due to car being off the road and i need to get about
Ojc

15th Apr 12 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Absolutely fucking nonsense the Mito is exactly the same speed and far less reliable and handle/brake no where near as good as the RS.
Ojc

15th Apr 12 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They used to be this argument that the Derbi Sender was faster than the RS50 which again was bollocks and handled crap in comparison to the RS because of stupid fuel tank location on the Derbi.
ed

15th Apr 12 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guy on my CBT had a Derbi Sender, was slow as fuck. I had to pull over a few times to wait for them all to keep up
zac753

15th Apr 12 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate had Derbi Sender when i was on my rs50 the rs was better in every way. Got clocked by mate in his car doing 70mph give or take a bit had arrow system on it no wonder why i had to keep rebuilding it lol
jrdn7

15th Apr 12 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Guy on my CBT had a Derbi Sender, was slow as fuck. I had to pull over a few times to wait for them all to keep up

What were you on mate?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Aprilia RS125? Opinions? 23 database queries in 0.0162370 seconds