corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car trailers?....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car trailers?....
M2RTY

User status: Offline
14th Apr 12 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Borrowed a few ove the last couple of years and always thought about buying one myself

Have a 2.2 diesel signum that we have towed trailers and medium cars on before, im guessing we were all legal?

Any tips on buying a trailer or even making one? My dad has made a few box trailers before and we have full welding gear at home

Do all your mates want to use it for free all the time? Charge them?
andys sxi
Premium Member

14th Apr 12 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's one in cars for sale on here

April 08 feature car
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Apr 12 at 22:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy an Ifor or a Brian James, it won't lose money. Home build stuff isn't worth as much. You'll pay more but make it back when you sell.

That'll tow about 1600 I think?

Does also depend what licence you have, when did you pass?
M2RTY

15th Apr 12 at 06:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

March 2001 so i need to do the test. But my dads ok towing for now

Shall take a look on ebay cheers, so 1600 kerb weight including whats inside the tow car? Ill check in the book for exact figures cheers
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

15th Apr 12 at 07:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Ian says about home made trailers.

I've got a brain james, paid around 1400 for it and it can tow up to 1.5t. Tips for buying one, don't pay too much

Generally mates may want to borrow it and depends how you feel about them you can lend it to them on a break it you buy it basis or charge them accordingly for mileage..
Alex_Rally

15th Apr 12 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got one fro sale , 700quid its yours .
baza31

15th Apr 12 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've Gita brian James paid 1800 for it, hydraulic tilt. Also had an ifor Williams flat bed trailer with ramps but sold that last year. Home made ones are shite really if anything was to go wrong I can imagine it being a nightmare
Alex_Rally

15th Apr 12 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220999689150?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
sxibeast

15th Apr 12 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brian-James-car-trailer-transporter-twin-axle-new-ramps-/220998889495?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item33748f7017#ht_500wt_1361
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Apr 12 at 17:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RTY
so 1600 kerb weight including whats inside the tow car?

http://www.cuddles.abelgratis.net/vauxhall.htm

Its 1500, so that figure minus the weight of your trailer is your payload.

Weight of the car isn't important if you have +E. In fact the towing capacity of the car will probably limit you more depending what you're carrying.

You might get away with it if you get a 500kg trailer and only carry cars under a ton, and the car weighs more than 1500 as driven, hence your train is under 3.5t.
Ste
Premium Member

15th Apr 12 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I lent mine once to a guy off here. He burst a tyre on it, had one fitted then tried giving me the bill for the tyre

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Dan A

15th Apr 12 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to be selling my 2007 Brian James a-max 310 soon.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car trailers?.... 24 database queries in 0.0110750 seconds