corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car salesmen talking knackers.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car salesmen talking knackers.
Carl

User status: Offline
15th Apr 12 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got told today by a car salesman that the fiat punto abarth evo they had on forecourt was "faster than porsches" didn't mention a model just "porsches" and you had to be over 25 to get insured on it. He said "insurers just won't insure anyone under 25". When I said you can get insured on anything if you have enough cash he just said disagreed and said "not that". Absolute clown. I was with a mate looking at a toyota Auris as he's having twins so not sure why he even started spouting loads of shite out!
taylorboosh

15th Apr 12 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id have told him to stfu
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

15th Apr 12 at 19:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
Id have stood there and listened to him whilst agreeing when actually thinking about telling him to stfu

edited that for you
N3CRO

15th Apr 12 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably thinks the Evo means it has a Lancer Evo engine in it.
taylorboosh

15th Apr 12 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
quote:
Originally posted by john-d
Id have stood there and listened to him whilst agreeing when actually thinking about telling him to stfu

edited that for you

Too true tbh
Ben G

15th Apr 12 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the insurance bit is true tbh. had the same thing when i wanted to test drive a focus st before buying one.
Carl

15th Apr 12 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
the insurance bit is true tbh. had the same thing when i wanted to test drive a focus st before buying one.

What, nobody in the country under 25 can get insured on it? Surely that's not right?
He was just full of shit, when he made the porsche comment I just said yeah, maybe a boxter. On the side I think it said 8.2 or 7.9 something like that 0-62, never realised all porsches were so slow.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

15th Apr 12 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'll beat a 924 no bother
John

15th Apr 12 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

160bhp and 7.6-60 apparently. Isn't faster than a standard 2.0 diesel.
taylorboosh

15th Apr 12 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet I can get insured on one
Ben G

15th Apr 12 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:

What, nobody in the country under 25 can get insured on it? Surely that's not right?
He was just full of shit, when he made the porsche comment I just said yeah, maybe a boxter. On the side I think it said 8.2 or 7.9 something like that 0-62, never realised all porsches were so slow.

he's talking about whatever insurance company they use, he's just generalising it. i'm 24 and quite a few places wouldn't insure me on my car.

Carl

15th Apr 12 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:

he's talking about whatever insurance company they use, he's just generalising it. i'm 24 and quite a few places wouldn't insure me on my car.

He might have been but he was trying to make out that nobody under 25 could get insured on it!
Exactly John, proper crank, we were measuring a boot of an auris to see if it would fit a double pram and this geezer starts talking knackers about a tuned punto!
taylorboosh

15th Apr 12 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would annoy me more seeing you measure the boot mind... Real men can measure with their eyes lol
Sunz

15th Apr 12 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isn't even that much to insure it generally.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car salesmen talking knackers. 23 database queries in 0.0150540 seconds