corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Twin Centre Holidays

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Twin Centre Holidays
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Apr 12 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Planning a holiday to Florida and quite fancy doing somewhere in Carribean too and roll them into one (2weeks)
Found loads for different USA cities multibreaks but can't find much on Florida (Orlando) and Carribean, are there not really any flights from there or something?
James

16th Apr 12 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's probably not an off-the-shelf twin centre so you might need to call places up.

I did a twin centre with Orlando and Miami through Virgin Holidays. They were excellent.
Kyle T
Premium Member

17th Apr 12 at 07:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would highly recommend doing this "DIY" rather than through a package, it'll be scary but you'll save a fortune

Have you ever done Florida before? Assuming you're going to Orlando you may find that you need more than a week!!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

17th Apr 12 at 08:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he hasnt done it before then he'll need a month in orlando
Kyle T
Premium Member

17th Apr 12 at 08:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
If he hasnt done it before then he'll need a month in orlando

I've been a few times but taking my GF this year for her first time, I'm starting to panic that two weeks isn't enough to see all the main attractions. Going to be knackered after this...

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
James

17th Apr 12 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I did it I only went to Orlando for a week and I'd never been before.

We did both Universal Studios, Seaworld and Busch Gardens in a week. We didn't bother with the Disney theme parks but we did go to Downtown Disney nearly every night

[Edited on 17-04-2012 by James]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

17th Apr 12 at 09:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done james you have visited about 3% of the attractions
James

17th Apr 12 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright calm down.

We researched it pretty thoroughly and from what I remember, they were the only ones we were fussed about. What did I miss that is so good?
Hammer

17th Apr 12 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did a fortnight in Florida and it was a complete blur. 3 weeks would be a decent length of time, it would mean you actually get a day or 2 to chill out.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

17th Apr 12 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh you covered most of the good things but there is millions of thigs to do

water parks are good
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

17th Apr 12 at 09:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a lego land there now, shopping, everglades, hollywood studios is a must imo, church street station, city walk, old town, fun zone etc
James

17th Apr 12 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We did shopping as well, went to a couple of the big malls. We also did Wet n Wild, forgot that one.

I was talking about Orlando. Everglades are nearer Miami (although we didn't do them even when we were in Miami ).

Don't think Lego Land was there when I went.

I don't think a week is long enough to do it properly, but you can certainly do the bulk of it in a week as long as you don't mind not having many days to chill out.

[Edited on 17-04-2012 by James]
Kyle T
Premium Member

17th Apr 12 at 10:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the Disney parks are excellent, Animal Kingdom probably the best one.

I'd never done waterparks before my last visit and I had been missing out, they're awesome.

I reckon a week is possible if you've been before and just want to cherrypick the best rides and stuff, but part of the experience for me is just wandering around all the parks and soaking in the atmosphere.

Definately need to plan some "rest days" in though, even if it's just minigolf on international drive or a drive up to a beach somewhere.

I've done two centre trips with two weeks in Orlando and one week on the coast, perfect combination but I'd never get that time of work anymore!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Toby
Premium Member

17th Apr 12 at 10:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We did Orlando (well Kissimmee) for 13days , then 5 day cruise round Bahamas and then back to Sanibel for a weel. Good holiday for four weeks. Would do it again in that order.
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

17th Apr 12 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have been to orlando when i was younger, we're not going to do disney but going to do water parks, universal studios, epcot maybe kennedy space centre. wouldn't mind doing like a 9 day 5 day split but don't really want to cruise to see the carribean/bahamas.
are there any implications with Visa's etc going from america to carribbean then back to UK and is it just as easy as europe with booking flights/hotels seperately
Half Pint

17th Apr 12 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are companies that specialize but you'll pay a fortune, DIY if you have the time a patience. Be warned your not protected by ABTA if one part of your holiday for a bust so book it on a credit card.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Twin Centre Holidays 24 database queries in 0.0089219 seconds