corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Buying your next car..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Buying your next car..
Norcy91

User status: Offline
   19th Apr 12 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My insurance renewal is the beginning of next month, so i'm looking at upgrading to something with a bit more poke than my Fiesta Zetec S.

I've been looking online at stuff like Astra VXR's, Corsa VXR's, Megane F1 Team R26's, Mk5 Golf GTi's etc... But having never driven any of them i wouldn't know which to go for.

Yes, you might say 'test drive them then'. But whenever i've gone to look at a car they've practically wanted to get me buying the car before i've even test driven it (trade sellers anyway). This is fair enough seen as they don't just want people turning up to drive their car's for no reason all the time.

Have you just turned up somewhere, asked for a test drive and taken it out without intending to definitely buy that car if it drove like you hoped?
Another problem i'm having is that the majority of them are atleast 40, maybe 60 miles away, which is quite far to go just to try one out!
Dan H

19th Apr 12 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you go to a main dealer they usually let you take a car out for a test drive, just make them think your interested and your test driving a few cars to see which one you enjoy driving more, should let you take one on a test drive..
Norcy91

19th Apr 12 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, that's what i'm hoping anyway It's just finding a main dealer near by with any of these in that i like, i know they can get them in for you, but they usually ask for a bit of a non-refundable deposit for that
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

20th Apr 12 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm bias,

but i would recommend the R26 out all of them
deanmcreynolds26

20th Apr 12 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having driven all excePt the corsa vxr I would say take the r26 out. You won't be disappointed
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

21st Apr 12 at 06:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're right about test drives! I turned up at Nissan to test drive a 350z they had and I made it clear that I was deciding between that and an M3, which I was at the time. But they were sooo hard selling. It ended up being 3 of them surrounding me and between them they had an answer for all of my excuses! Ha.

Interestingly though, a friend of mine was given a 997 Turbo to test drive for a whole day and the salesman didn't pester him at all, he just handed back the keys and said he'd think about it!

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Buying your next car.. 24 database queries in 0.0092950 seconds