corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » re:Tyre Size question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author re:Tyre Size question
Anty
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Apr 12 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would 185/55/13 tyres fit on my 13in rims? corsa ones..
Dann19

19th Apr 12 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely because the tyre size is r13 and your rims are 13, should mean they'll fit

will fit fine though

if you went lower for something like 155/165 you'll end up with stretch
Anty
Premium Member

19th Apr 12 at 22:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need some width one the ones i have, there is no grip when cornering.. noticed there was a bit of a slide when i was taking a bend.. ive put the spare on, but have noticed its a winter tyre..
Daveskater
Premium Member

20th Apr 12 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From memory the standard size is 165/65/13 (correct me if I'm wrong) so 185/55 would be 2% smaller diameter. 185/60 would only be 1% larger, so that's what I'd go for. The other thing is whether the extra width will cause the rubber to rub on the arch liner.

You can use this to compare sizes - http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyre-size-calculator.htm

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
1L Nick

20th Apr 12 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yh there 165/70 R13 standard size that's wat was on mine anyway

I wudnt fit a 185 to them cuz there a lot bigger width an it won't handle right because of the extra width
LeeM

20th Apr 12 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Anty
I need some width one the ones i have, there is no grip when cornering.. noticed there was a bit of a slide when i was taking a bend.. ive put the spare on, but have noticed its a winter tyre..

Wider won't necessarily give you more grip, the contact patch is wider but thinner

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » re:Tyre Size question 24 database queries in 0.0131981 seconds