corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How can I get round this trickery? (car tax related)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How can I get round this trickery? (car tax related)
DanCobb

User status: Offline
3rd May 12 at 07:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might be going to pick up a car soon. I'm buying it as a drivable shell, so I'm going to take advantage of that and drive it home . Only problem is it's currently sorn! It has mot but I'm guessing I can't just tow it home? (I don't have a trailer). Is there anyway I can get it home without a trailer?

Don't know alot about this shizzle.
XE Col
Premium Member

3rd May 12 at 07:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as I know if any of the wheels are on the floor needs to be taxed edit: and insured so if you don't want to tax it I'm pretty sure you need a trailer

Ie. can't use a towing dolly or even one with two wheels that lift the front two off the floor

[Edited on 03-05-2012 by XE Col]
DanCobb

3rd May 12 at 07:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't mind taxing it as I'll be insuring it the day I get it, it's just the problem of getting tax lol. Would I be able to take the green slip thing to the post office along with my insurance papers? or do I have to do somthing different as it's currently sorn?
jay26

3rd May 12 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tax it online?

But if you go to Post office with new keepers bit, not and insurence you can get tax

[Edited on 03-05-2012 by jay26]
XE Col
Premium Member

4th May 12 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DanCobb
I don't mind taxing it as I'll be insuring it the day I get it, it's just the problem of getting tax lol. Would I be able to take the green slip thing to the post office along with my insurance papers? or do I have to do somthing different as it's currently sorn?

No same procedure, just go to the post office with insurance, mot and green slip, they will tax there and then
Ian
Site Administrator

4th May 12 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tax it with the green slip. You'll also need to have insured it.

When you say drivable shell, is that not normally called a car? What's missing? If its not roadworthy you still can't drive it.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th May 12 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by XE Col
Ie. can't use a towing dolly or even one with two wheels that lift the front two off the floor

Yes, plus if you're not recovering to a place of safety you also have an overweight trailer.
DanCobb

4th May 12 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will Just have no interior (will have front seats obv and a dash. Thanks for everyones help. I'll just drive it back, will get it insured the day before and will get tax at the local post office there

New Poll