corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Scottish Mini Cooper Cup videos from last weekend

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Scottish Mini Cooper Cup videos from last weekend
emicen

User status: Offline
9th May 12 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The weekend dubbed #minigate by some, it was action packed and controversial to say the least!

Race 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bboTQ_uePQA

Brilliant start only to be squeezed off the track heading up to the first corner, let out and got passed by a few cars. Got thumped up the bum at Macintyres, then a couple of 50/50 lunges at Clarks resulting in near spins as I had to avoid the other cars turning in where possibly there could have been more space left. Got some good racing towards the end and pipped Murray on the last lap. But any race where you go 7th to 13th is not one to savour really. Apologies for the comedy camera angles towards the end, the bullet cam loosened on it's mountings.

Race 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNPAE5CcoCU

Bit mundane if I'm honest. Blasted past Alan off the start then kept it on the track as others fell off and made up some places from 13th to finish 9th. After race 1 we all got read the riot act in a meeting which did little to put people in the right frame of mind for racing. The fun was missing from race 2 and we just weren't that up for pushing it.

Race 3 before the red flag: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka6VeeaW8Ts

Gutted the flags came out, I was HAULING! Two cars in the first lap and a half and about to get the head down after Kenny McLeod

Race 3, take 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mebJRwUEzrs

Nothing like as good a start. Lewis got round me at Macintyres and we all get bunched up in to the chicane. Cannonballed up the rear at Clarks. Fought back up the field, then smacked off at the hairpin by the same person as the cannonball. That'll teach me for being clean and leaving space for them trying the cut back, apex sponsored by NCP next time out.
Matt L

9th May 12 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some cracking driving, (only watched last 2 vids).

shame in the last race that you got taken out.
emicen

10th May 12 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L

Counted 5 separate time I was run off the track over the weekend and 3 times I was assaulted from behind

Don't have a video of testing on Saturday but one of the other Minis had total brake failure in to the hairpin courtesy of a burst brake hose. Used me to stop from ~90mph. Bruised my chest with the chin of my helmet, buying a hans device now!
mike56gte

10th May 12 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these things N/A engines?

watched the mini class at knockhill quite a few times. always exciting to watch.
Matt L

10th May 12 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by emicen
quote:

Counted 5 separate time I was run off the track over the weekend and 3 times I was assaulted from behind

Don't have a video of testing on Saturday but one of the other Minis had total brake failure in to the hairpin courtesy of a burst brake hose. Used me to stop from ~90mph. Bruised my chest with the chin of my helmet, buying a hans device now!

was the lohen mini there? that had some form of crash at the weekend which didnt look pleasant.
noshua

10th May 12 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks proper fun, first race was definitely chaotic!
Seany

10th May 12 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What sort of power are yous getting from the r56 na engines?
Always good to watch the minis round knockhill.
emicen

10th May 12 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engines are internally standard tritecs. We run cone filters, straight through exhaust and a superchips reflash which gets them up from 116hp to ~135hp. The wheel/tyre combo reduces the rolling circumference about 7% which helps acceleration. They're by no means fast on the straights but looking at vbox logs, there are few tintops that can carry our apex speeds.

quote:
was the lohen mini there? that had some form of crash at the weekend which didnt look pleasant.

The Lohen R56 was racing in the national Minis down south. Dunno what happened to it but I saw that pic of the front end too. Sore one!
Ben G

10th May 12 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

last video, hand signals at 10
emicen

10th May 12 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
last video, hand signals at 10

First set of gestures was "report that cunt."

Second set about 6min in, not sure if I was going for fist shaking or wanker sign.
AK

10th May 12 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What that you?! (the crash in testing!?)

I ran over something on track just before the hairpin and then next time round just completly lost it under braking into the hairpin. Thought it was a punture from some debris you guys had left behind
emicen

11th May 12 at 01:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
What that you?! (the crash in testing!?)

I ran over something on track just before the hairpin and then next time round just completly lost it under braking into the hairpin. Thought it was a punture from some debris you guys had left behind

Yeah, Steph's brake hose burst and she went straight in to the back of me. Must have been a closing speed of 50+

Lucky she kept the car straight and went straight in to the back of me, half a second further ahead and I'd have turned in and it would have been game over for that shell. As it was, cost me a fog light and added a few more crack to the bumper.

You'd have been slip sliding on Steph's coolant I reckon:

AK

11th May 12 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doh

I went through the infield at the hairpin sideways all the way across the track and onto the outside gravel....

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Scottish Mini Cooper Cup videos from last weekend 23 database queries in 0.0107691 seconds