corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Fabia VRS - opinions

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Fabia VRS - opinions
LeeM

User status: Offline
15th May 12 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt vw discontinue this engine in the polo due to reliability and jerky power delivery?
SetH

15th May 12 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh good god, the side profile really is disgusting. It does look quite decent from the front and rear though.

I assume they do not make a 3 door?

On paper the stats for that engine look immense. Superb power/economy ratio to be honest.

in the real world do they only average 24mpg around Town? I find that hard to believe as that is what I get in the 330.

Kyle T
Premium Member

15th May 12 at 16:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fugly

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Norcy91

15th May 12 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
didnt vw discontinue this engine in the polo due to reliability and jerky power delivery?

Two of my mates have the new Polo GTi, the slightly newer one of the two has an updated version of the 1.4tsi as far as i'm aware due to reliability issues. The slightly older one has just had a brand new engine put in under warranty at VW because it was drinking oil (around a litre every 1000 miles) and eventually packed in completely, think it spat the oil out of the exhaust and seized

Great idea for an engine, wasn't too successful first time round!
LeeM

15th May 12 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah so it has just been redeveloped rather than just dumped in a skoda, thats good
Norcy91

15th May 12 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've no idea if they've completely stopped doing the engines in them, just know that they different engine codes, then his new one had the same as my other mates when it was replaced
Mertin

15th May 12 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was a fan of the previous fabia but really dont like the looks of the new one.
The back and front end just dont fit in at all when looking side on.

Read about a few people having issues with oil consumption on these engines and having tests carried out at the dealers for them to monitor consumption then possibly having piston rings replaced.
nathy_87

16th May 12 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get on briskoda.net (bullet proof sri) and ask them the questions.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Fabia VRS - opinions 24 database queries in 0.2842290 seconds