corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Booking a ferry ......

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Booking a ferry ......
Andy Stocker

User status: Offline
18th May 12 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the process of trying to book a ferry as cheap as possible for a return trip from Dover to Calais, from a Saturday to Tuesday.
It seems to be cheaper to book a day trip from Dover to Calais for £25 on the Saturday, and then a day trip from Calais to Dover for £39 on the Tuesday.
In total it saves about £35 at the times I want to go, but would there be any altercations about me not being on the return journeys on the day trips???
Conway563

19th May 12 at 06:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it depends on the company, should say in the T&C's
Seem to remember reading about people getting stung with it on P&O due to them logging number plates when you board
Andy Stocker

19th May 12 at 07:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would it not just be like a flight, where if you miss it and they just assume you're not coming and are going to make your own way home?
Matt H

19th May 12 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dover Dunkirk might be slightly cheaper. DFDS charged me £29 each way
Andy Stocker

19th May 12 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prices are silly as its at the end of July when school holidays begin. Both routes from DFDS were more expensive, which is strange as they usually were cheaper.
oceansoul

19th May 12 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H

This is the route i usually take when i go to belgium, however thats usually after the summer holidays. About £50odd return.
GeorgeDom

22nd May 12 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
quote:
Originally posted by Matt H

This is the route i usually take when i go to belgium, however thats usually after the summer holidays. About £50odd return.

Yeah thats the route I usually take too, my girlfriend lives in a city called Veurne in Belgium so I cross over often!I used to book directly with dfds but then my sister decided to join so booked her ticket via http://www.aferry.co.uk/dover-dunkerque-ferry.htm and she only paid £19 for it! I was gutted with my £58. It depends on their days I guess.I like that they are flexible, they always fit me in if I am there for the sailing before or after depending on how early/late I am running, they say as long as there is space I can do it!
That helps when I have had a late night.
I am crossing over tomorrow and loving the sunny weather, I just hope it stays like this and who knows..Maybe I can get my shorts and sandals out lol!
Tiger

22nd May 12 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just paid £145 for a 4 x 4 with 2 passengers return Dover - Calais, thats a Friday 2315 to a Saturday (week later) at 0030.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Booking a ferry ...... 23 database queries in 0.0092790 seconds