corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MOT - Rant

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MOT - Rant
blebo

User status: Offline
   22nd May 12 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took the BMW in for a MOT about three weeks ago and it failed on rear bushes. Nothing else was noticed or advised.

This was on the Friday and on the Monday it went in to the body shop to get the bonnet and wings sprayed. This was a three day job that turned in to a three week job due to the body shop being busy. My car was getting done 'mates rates' so the other cars came first.

Any how, got the car back and the rear bushes sorted and took the car back to be re-moted. Full retest required as more than 10 days had passed. The tester notes that the car has been fixed and...........fails the car again on corroded brake line. This wasn't even mentioned or an advisory three weeks ago. Very p*ssed off!!"!
Steve
Premium Member

22nd May 12 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Complain to vosa if you think you have been wrongly refused a cert. Are the lines corroded?
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

22nd May 12 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Front to rear brake lines on bmw's are a common fault. Perhaps they were bad when you took them in but he let them go. Then over the course of the 3 weeks theyve got slightly worse to the point he cant let them slide?
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd May 12 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And also, it'll fail next year so you may as well do them.
blebo

22nd May 12 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they need done they will get done.its just the fact that if they had said last time I would have changed them when I was doing rear bushes now I needed to take it away and find time to get it fixed again.double work for me.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

22nd May 12 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What bmw is it?

I did a set on a 320 the other day, had to take the exhaust. The heat sheilds. The prop shaft. And the tank off to get to them haha
Sorry to make it worse for you!
Generation

22nd May 12 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May be a different inspector more fussy than last one
J100RSA

23rd May 12 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you shouldnt moan about brake related issus the tester found it befor it burst ! imagine the tester missed it it burst and you had a serious accident you get screwed for an unsafe vehicle and if its with in 3 months of the test the tester gets done too

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MOT - Rant 23 database queries in 0.0084438 seconds