corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » KW release iPhone adjustable suspension

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author KW release iPhone adjustable suspension
Rob E

User status: Offline
27th May 12 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
would be much better when the likes of dta and emerald (i use emerald hence mentioning it) make logging and sensor read outs available to your phone. id definitely get among that instead of having to plug my lap top in all the time.

I cant imagine it being far away. I can already do this with my Megasquirt ECU and its dead handy. What kind of connection does you ECU use? Is it a DB-9 serial cable?
Steve
Premium Member

27th May 12 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what kind of data do you want? you can get quite a bit from the cars std obd2 port
antnee

27th May 12 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
what kind of data do you want? you can get quite a bit from the cars std obd2 port

Not if your not running a oem ecu
Nic Barnes

27th May 12 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i was running a std ecu i don't think id be the type of person that would want or understand the need for data logging ffs steve.
Rob E

27th May 12 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
quote:

Yes you can, we used to use this method when diagnosing engine faults in Vauxhall. Hook up Tech2 and go for a drive - instant like data feed from every sensor on the vehicle
Jonny.K

27th May 12 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a cool idea theres no getting away from it but i think its safe to say if i was buyin suspension that was connected to my phone id probly buy a newer car
antnee

28th May 12 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob E
quote:
quote:

Yes you can, we used to use this method when diagnosing engine faults in Vauxhall. Hook up Tech2 and go for a drive - instant like data feed from every sensor on the vehicle

That depends on how its been wired up
JordyCarter

28th May 12 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you adjust it while your driving? so sort of like hydrolics?
Rob E

28th May 12 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well every Vauxhall that came out of the factory with ODB1 or ODB2 works ok
Prey

28th May 12 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adjusting suspension with your phone, hmm cool but hardly needed lol.

on the info on your phone thing, i have the 'torque tune' app on android and a bluetooth odb2 dongle thingy and that is really handy for fault coding and displays loads of real time engine data etc, really impressed with it for the money (app is 3 quid, dongle was 12 iirc)
djgritt
Premium Member

28th May 12 at 11:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not if your NOT running a oem ecu

Well every Vauxhall that came out of the factory with ODB1 or ODB2 works ok

Think you overlooked a word on the first quote...
LeeM

28th May 12 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
quote:
Sorry? I think you need to recap where exactly iv been and what iv done before you start to try talking to me in an undermining manner

You dont get that much more exclusive then the ring, iv seen all sorts from boy racers to full race teams rock up with there cock up, i know the type of people you are on about and they are equally scene as what im referring too.

Again, they will sell a few to people, but the product is a bit of a contradiction of itself, very lmited market imo

[Edited on 27-05-2012 by Steve]

Nurburgring, exclusive? It's a public toll road

firstly, have you been? secondly, have you been? if the answer to any of those is no then stfu

however..technically you are correct.

in reality its one of the most sought after destination in the world to drive on track. What its termed as technically does not stop all and sundry turning up and it operating as a track which is what it was designed to be (it was an F1 track at one point), most top manufacturers use it to benchmark there cars, wether it has an exit up in nurburg and an exit down in adenau with some barriers does not detract from that at all

then when you factor in you have the gp track which is technically a track next to it, im failing to see your point

back to the topic, Ian has it nailed really

[Edited on 27-05-2012 by Steve]

It's still not exclusive.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » KW release iPhone adjustable suspension 23 database queries in 0.0122201 seconds