corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Hay fever

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hay fever
Shell
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Jun 12 at 07:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like Mertin, I get free prescriptions so it makes getting stronger antistamines much easier
If you are buying the one a day from asda or whatever, as mentioned, by their own brand. Cetirizine (drowsy) = Benadryl, Zirtek, piriteze etc. Loratadine (non drowsy)= Claritin. They all have the same amount of the drug in them as asda own brand. The only one you can't buy in shops as a shop own brand is Chlorphenamine ( Piriton) which you take 3 a day of. They have quite a sedating effect though.
I don't know anyone who's had the injection, I don't think they give it as readily up here. But having been plagued with hay fever and a fairly bad cat allergy for years, I was using beconase (good and cheaper in asda than it is in boots) and 3-4 Loratadine a day. Even that stopped working this year though so have now got a prescription of flixonase (just like beconase) and fexofenadine. This comes in 3 strengths and works really well. I use the highest strength although some days am still having breakthrough around 8pm when the pollen picks up or our cat decides to mug me. But I think hay fever has been particularly bad for people this year, seems to be high pollen levels.
Jambo

21st Jun 12 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a fucking cunt. I also started suffering later in the year than usual.

I have a constant nose bleed because of the sneezing and itching. I can cope with all that shit, it just makes me feel like death. Really really low mood, snappy, aggressive, tired headache, sleepy (not meds i take non drowsy)

Hate it

Had it since i was 16
Mertin

22nd Jun 12 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might take note of that ones you have now shell and suggest them to the doctor (not that Im trying to tell them how to do their job but they pan me off with the same shit every year and it obviously doesnt work)
Night time fucks me aswell somestimes, think it was all the flowers are closing? Mines sometimes bad when its raining aswell
Bart

22nd Jun 12 at 05:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the likely hood of getting the injection this late into the year?
andy_mk3

23rd Jun 12 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
What's the likely hood of getting the injection this late into the year?

I went to the docs on Tuesday and she said I'd have to wait until at least September.

I get nose bleeds too from itching/blowing my nose also my ears have been popping loads lately as my head is so blocked up, and my eyes are mega sore and red its the worth thing ever lol
Nath

24th Jun 12 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got me some Beconase nasal spray yesterday, it's doing well so far

[Edited on 24-06-2012 by Nath]
andy_mk3

24th Jun 12 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nasal spray seems to be helping me too, but doesnt do anything or my eyes eye drops just make my yes water like mad which washes the eye drops out!
Nath

24th Jun 12 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Man you must have it bad
andy_mk3

24th Jun 12 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to pinch one of my dads inhalers later to see if that helps me or not. And I've had it really bad every year since I was 13, I'm 20 now, and I get allergies all year round as well
Nath

24th Jun 12 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only the second time I've had it, and it's not too bad. Mostly sneezing. Quite fortunate really.
chrisritch

27th Jun 12 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Off to the doctors for the 3rd time this year to request a Kenalog injection. Fucking had enough of this shit now, Can't remember a day this year I have been able to breathe through my nose properly.
John

27th Jun 12 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had it for much of my younger life, got progressively better the past few years, this week it's went mental
nathy_87

27th Jun 12 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've currently got it. My eyes itch so after i've rubbed them after a while it looks like i've got pink eye. ( ) Then get nose bleeds because of all the pressure building up. I hate Summer!!

Edit; I went to my Dr's yesterday evening, and he mentioned my Hayfever allergy, but only suggested using eye drops/nasal spray and tablets. He didn't mention any Jab? This becuase it's too late in the season?

[Edited on 27-06-2012 by nathy_87]
Whittie

27th Jun 12 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm dying this year due to it, last 4 weeks have been hell, never been this bad!
chrisritch

27th Jun 12 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got given a prescription of Fenofexodine and Fluticasone Furoate nasal spray
Whittie

27th Jun 12 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They gave me eyedrops and nasal spray a few weeks back, smells of shit, and stings my eyes. Load of rubbish
Gary
Premium Member

27th Jun 12 at 16:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My nasel spray smells like flowers. Backward if you ask me
Mertin

27th Jun 12 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nasal spray makes it worse aswell, as youyr nose is running like a tap then you spray some stuff up it which just ends up back out!
Iv got a nasal spray thats more of a fine powder that is more comfortable than the spray.
Also try a small tub of stuff that you get in tesco / boots (think its haymax) that you put around your nostril and is supposed to prevent pollen getting in. Isnt vivisble either like vaseline which Iv heard reccomended before
noshua

28th Jun 12 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
I've currently got it. My eyes itch so after i've rubbed them after a while it looks like i've got pink eye. ( ) Then get nose bleeds because of all the pressure building up. I hate Summer!!

Edit; I went to my Dr's yesterday evening, and he mentioned my Hayfever allergy, but only suggested using eye drops/nasal spray and tablets. He didn't mention any Jab? This becuase it's too late in the season?

[Edited on 27-06-2012 by nathy_87]

Yeah September they usually say, however you can get it done at private clinics. There's one near me that do Kenalog for £75. Tempted if it carries on due to it being so bad this year.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Hay fever 23 database queries in 0.0119550 seconds