corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Insurance Day - Arseholes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance Day - Arseholes
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Jun 12 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few months back I ran into the back of someone, but at crawling pace. I doubt i would have even hit it with enough force to knock a person unsteady.

But anyway, the bitch is claiming off me! I admit its my fault, but there was zero damage to her car and there's no chance in hell she had sustained any kind of injury whatsoever!

I've admitted i ran into her but am refusing to accept liability for any damage/injury, and have asked for an assessor to come have a gander at my van so i can show them its not damaged at all, not even a cracked plate, so she's blatantly talking out of her arse. I'll prob loose, but i may as well make it hard work for them.

Time to install a little CCTV cam on my dash i think!

[/rant]
mwg

13th Jun 12 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If there was no damage to her car or your van why on earth did you admit it had happened in the first place! I would of denied it happened if there's no damage

[Edited on 13-06-2012 by mwg]
Graham88

13th Jun 12 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ this
Ben J

13th Jun 12 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you ran into her and you've admittted it you are screwed basically.

[Edited on 13-06-2012 by Ben J]
Gary
Premium Member

13th Jun 12 at 14:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I stopped at the scene and she wanted my details etc, wasn't up for having her sending the law after me for leaving the scene
Ben J

13th Jun 12 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your insurance company should be backing you up etc. And you've allowed an assessor to view your vehicle so tbh you'll probs be fine.
mwg

13th Jun 12 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If there's no damage how are the police going to prove an accident even took place? Think you've been too honest and now being screwed over for it
Gary
Premium Member

13th Jun 12 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Think you've been too honest and now being screwed over for it

Thats what i feel like. I'll just keep fighting it, she can fuck herself with her fake claim.
Ben G

13th Jun 12 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

admitting fault a few months after

how will they know if an accident even took place if theres no damage? she could've got your details from anywhere.
Whittie

13th Jun 12 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She was obviously knocked into a coma and only just woken up, thus putting in the claim. Don't know how you could be so hard on her Gaz, just let her claim.
Fro

13th Jun 12 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No chance of pushing her boot floor or your crash bar even slightly?

Bumpers tend to pop back out and the car looks fine until you take them off.
DaveyLC

13th Jun 12 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A car can look untouched but still be damaged.. Even if its just a TINY bit of damage why should she have to accept that because you werent paying attention?
Brett
Premium Member

13th Jun 12 at 15:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As if the car will get a look in Screams compo.
Gary
Premium Member

13th Jun 12 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was nothing wrong with it at all, I checked. It didn't even crack my plate.

She just wants compo, clearly, but she can fuck. Rough bitch
Ben G

13th Jun 12 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did a law not get passed recently that meant people aren't allowed to claim for whiplash under a certain speed?
Sunz

13th Jun 12 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6mph I think !
Gary
Premium Member

13th Jun 12 at 17:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope that's true. I wont have been doing anywherr near that.
mwg

13th Jun 12 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure how you are supposed to prove if you were doing more or less than 6mph though
noshua

13th Jun 12 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't newer cars have a log of what speed you were doing in an accident? In this situation however I doubt that the 'bump' was logged.
Gary
Premium Member

13th Jun 12 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damage to vehicles I guess. Neither party can prove eitherway apart from that. Lying bastard she is. These are the people who are making everyones insurace rocket. Fuck knows whar mine will be if I loose my no claims
Toby
Premium Member

13th Jun 12 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happened to me, foot slipped off the clutch. Bumped them, there bumper popped out so popped it back in, I had a small ding size of a 10p. They haven't claimed for the car to be fixed but whiplash claim has gone in
MarkM

13th Jun 12 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No minimum speed to be able to claim.

Admit you've breached a duty of care by allowing your vehicle to contact her vehicle. However, dispute causation of her injuries. Simples.

Likelihood is your insurer will settle her claim early to minimise costs on a commercial basis.
taylorboosh

13th Jun 12 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id say she rolled onto me
Gary
Premium Member

13th Jun 12 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cba lying about it. Ill prob end up loosing no claims and getting raped by insurance while shes off splashing her compo about. Pisses me off as I always seem to be avoiding collisions on the road from numpteys just to avoid the accident even tho id be at no fault. Ought to startletting people run into me. Could do with a new motor

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Insurance Day - Arseholes 23 database queries in 0.0126650 seconds