corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Light for taking photos of objects

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Light for taking photos of objects
Neil

User status: Offline
13th Jun 12 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, I'm looking at taking some photos of some smallish objects, just on a desk. Anyone recommend something I can use to get some nice lighting on them without glare etc?

Thanks
Whittie

13th Jun 12 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mini Photo Box
BluKoo

13th Jun 12 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could use any light. If you don't want glare, then you need to diffuse the light.
Depending on the light source, a piece of A4 paper, tissue, toilet paper, kitchen roll etc can sometimes do the trick.

[Edited on 13-06-2012 by BluKoo]
BluKoo

13th Jun 12 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Short example: http://www.ehow.com/video_2370110_light-diffusion-product-photography.html
BluKoo

13th Jun 12 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I took this photo using light from my window, a sheet of A4 photo paper (glossy), and a sheet of normal white paper behind it (and a little tweaking in Photoshop)

ps. It's a rubber duck signed by Kissy Sell Out in case anyone is wondering.

[Edited on 13-06-2012 by BluKoo]
AndyKent

13th Jun 12 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Main thing you want is for the light to be neutral in colour temperature - ie. white, not yellow or blue. Can be phased out with editing but easier to start neutral and save yourself the work!

Other than that as said, bounced light is nicer than direct light so a infinity curve is needed.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Light for taking photos of objects 24 database queries in 0.0094330 seconds