corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Any point using 'performance fuel' in n/a cars?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any point using 'performance fuel' in n/a cars?
Doug

User status: Offline
16th Jun 12 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always use Momentum in mine as you have to, they have a habit of damaging themselves if you dont

It only works out an extra £2-3 over the normal fuel in a big fill up. Not even worth questioning tbh
Steve
Premium Member

16th Jun 12 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
My findings were fairly accurate in terms of I tested over my drive to work (30 miles a day), same route, same weather conditions, same driving style, I tried 3 fuels, supermarket (proved worst by far for fuel economy, worked out more expensive than using 97ron) 95 was my control, then 97RON was where I consistently found far more MPG.

that is miles off from even being fairly accurate
Ben G

16th Jun 12 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's as accurate as you're ever going to get on public roads tbh.
John

16th Jun 12 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I question anyone who gets extra mpg in a normal n/a car.

A highly tuned one maybe but I've tried both vpower petrol and diesel in various cars and never noticed any difference in mpg or power.

The highest powered car I've had was only 200bhp though so not tested in anything decent.
alan-g-w

16th Jun 12 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I noticed my corsa XE running a lot more smooth whenever I filled it with BP Ultimate. I was sure I could notice it running a bit more 'flat' on 95 RON but I was never sure whether it was just a sort of placebo effect with me wanting to notice a difference, always thought it made sense though
BarnshaW

16th Jun 12 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have to use vpower in the scoob as its mapped on it but when i had my st220 there was a noticeable difference using vpower, better throttle response and was defo slightly quicker, enough to warrant the extra cost? defo not
Fro

16th Jun 12 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never noticed a difference in any of my cars.
Tiger

16th Jun 12 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
My findings were fairly accurate in terms of I tested over my drive to work (30 miles a day), same route, same weather conditions, same driving style, I tried 3 fuels, supermarket (proved worst by far for fuel economy, worked out more expensive than using 97ron) 95 was my control, then 97RON was where I consistently found far more MPG.

that is miles off from even being fairly accurate

If I only used 1 tank of supermarket, one tank of 95 and one tank of 97 maybe yeah, but i'm talking consistent results over 20 odd tanks.
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

16th Jun 12 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which 97Ron were you using?

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Sam
Premium Member

16th Jun 12 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Super unleaded is meant to be good for keeping your injectors clear so I'm told - better than using Redex etc.

[Edited on 16-06-2012 by Sam]
Tiger

16th Jun 12 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BP 97.
Tiger

16th Jun 12 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Supermarket fuel is only cheap because they don't use the cleansing additives which bump the cost up of better quality fuels.
Kyle T
Premium Member

16th Jun 12 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine feels smoother on the 99 stuff, no idea if it's all in my head but whenever I have to put cheap fuel in (not very often) the car always seems a bit rougher at slow speeds.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Any point using 'performance fuel' in n/a cars? 24 database queries in 0.0226250 seconds