corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » my new car update dont have the car now

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my new car update dont have the car now
mwg

User status: Offline
5th Jul 12 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame about having to get rid. I loved mine. You would hate an Astra after having an A3.
RichR
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 09:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Proves the fact that if you buy a bad car you buy a bad car, same as 90% on people here seem to.

what in the name of all that's holy does that even mean? I've read it 10 times and don't get the point you're trying to make. How would he know it was a bad car given that it was bought from a trader and showed no signs of problems on the test drive?

If you buy a bad car, you buy a bad car - WTF does that even mean? If you buy a good car, you buy a good car - how would you go about sussing a good car from a bad car John?
John

5th Jul 12 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure what's confusing you so much mate.

Andy had loads of threads on here about internet known faults for cars.

He's went out and bought a bad example of what he thought was a good car.

He could have instead went out and bought an astra, which the internet says will blow up, and it could have been perfectly fine.

Pretty simple.
Fro

5th Jul 12 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Shame about having to get rid. I loved mine. You would hate an Astra after having an A3.

Love mine too
Whittie

5th Jul 12 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you buy this off Brett?!?!
Neo

5th Jul 12 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Luck of the draw really. My DMF went over the span of about 3 days. Hadn't noticed anything odd even when nailing it. Clutch started slipping on the monday, car was more or less undriveable by the wednesday.

I think you are easily entitled to give the car back for a refund, if it had been a month or so then I'd have said not, however garages know this can happen and have to absorb the cost. If it is going to cost a lot to repair it'll probably end up at auction.
andys sxi
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 09:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads I've made one or 2, it proves that reading the faults on the Internet are true some say if the flywheel last 100k your lucky that had done 95k, yeah I COULD have bought and Astra and I could have had problems with that just like the Audi

What you don't relise John when you had your Astra it was basically new, go out and buy one and are if you have problems

John g, yeah if I had the at a year I would have got it fixed but not when I've had it a week it shouldn't have happened so I was in my rights in getting my money back

April 08 feature car
AndyCorsaSport

5th Jul 12 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eh? Shouldn't happen after a week? Yeah on a brand new car. But when it's 6 year old with 95k how can anyone say it won't break?

I'd have told you to gtf
John

5th Jul 12 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andys sxi

What you don't relise John when you had your Astra it was basically new, go out and buy one and are if you have problems

I do realise. My point its it's hit and miss, most cars will have bits starting to break at 6 years old, you either plan for that or you buy a newer one with warranty.

Doesn't matter what the internet says.
John G

5th Jul 12 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andys sxi
Loads I've made one or 2, it proves that reading the faults on the Internet are true some say if the flywheel last 100k your lucky that had done 95k, yeah I COULD have bought and Astra and I could have had problems with that just like the Audi

John g, yeah if I had the at a year I would have got it fixed but not when I've had it a week it shouldn't have happened so I was in my rights in getting my money back

Whats the difference between a week and a year? The car was fine when you bought it you don't have any rights. Only rights you did have was to take it back and get as much of the work covered under warranty as possible.
Fro

5th Jul 12 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Flywheels within a certain chassis range had a recall done around 2006. Did you check to see if yours was changed if not Audi should have done it for free.

Done well over 100k and mines still chugging Although I think I have a knackered engine mount.

[Edited on 05-07-2012 by Fro]
andys sxi
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I went to Audi and there were no recalls outstanding on the car

I asked for my money back at first and he said no, he said he was getting it looked at so I let him do that, after nearly a week of him having it he agreed to give me my money back, it might have been more than he was expecting to pay so maybe that's why he gave me the money back, he will probably stick it in the auctions

April 08 feature car

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » my new car update dont have the car now 24 database queries in 0.0141728 seconds