corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ebay wind up again

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ebay wind up again
M2RTY

User status: Offline
19th Jun 12 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

99p no reserve everytime

Never use reserves as it costs money and results in things not selling and puts people off

Never set a price for buy it now as you usually get more in the auction, or agree price outside of ebay

Sold 500 items on ebay in last 12 months, about 4 grand worth, and easy took another 4 grand outside of ebay

I hate ebay fees, and try to pay as damn little as possible

Im with ian really, although he should have a 2nd account set up for shill bidding lol
Brett
Premium Member

19th Jun 12 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got banned for shill bidding Can only do it once of twice with the same account before it's flagged.
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jun 12 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you dont like ebay dont use it! if you are using because its easier for you to make money using it then not using it then you cant really complain tbh
3CorsaMeal

19th Jun 12 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
I got banned for shill bidding Can only do it once of twice with the same account before it's flagged.

How did they find out?

I have got mates who bid on stuff, but i pay the ebay fee's and usually sell the stuff to a mate if he ends up winning.

I got some random bits at home that i've "accidently" won, but paid my mates for them and now own them so think thats ok.

Brett
Premium Member

19th Jun 12 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno. You'd assume the main one was the same account bidding on stuff all the time. Maybe they linked the account using the same IP on my machine, as I didn't exactly make effort to cover my tracks. I did it for ages, but in the end I got a banned notification on both accounts.
stubs

19th Jun 12 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now not that I agree with shill bidding, as it does spoil the chance to earn a bargain... it's 100% better than not selling for the auction price. At least with shill bidding, you might be outbid on the item and can move on to something else without being under the false impression you've bought an item.
M2RTY

19th Jun 12 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ebay not fussed on shill bidding if you pay fees, as they make more money from it

i dont like selling on ebay but theres no real alternative, ive tried

buying tho is ace
Brett
Premium Member

19th Jun 12 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RTY
ebay not fussed on shill bidding if you pay fees, as they make more money from it

Yes they are, like I said.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/seller-shill-bidding.html
M2RTY

19th Jun 12 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

of cause they have it in text as it puts buyers at ease. I do it a lot for setting reserves, never had any come back yet.
Brett
Premium Member

19th Jun 12 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL You're speaking to someone who's had two accounts banned for shill bidding here
jmepamplin

22nd Jun 12 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone wondering how we got on with this seller?

quote:
The few hours before the bidding ended I thought I'd have a little play. This is how my conversation went.

I then got a message reminding me that they had 21 mins left.. just in case I wanted to bid more than £10,000 to win these. This guy was actually being serious it seems!

So I emailed him instead as it was quicker..

Damn, seems these are the real deal. I want these seats, but can I do anything to get him to sell them for less than 10k?

Damn. In the end the auction ended. I was going to phone him up and ask loads of stupid questions but didnt realise the bidding ended that night lol.

jmepamplin

22nd Jun 12 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From the sale 'winner' from ZSOC

Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
22nd Jun 12 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does he really think he's getting 10 grand?
jmepamplin

22nd Jun 12 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes!

Now will you agree the seller is a complete bone head?
Chris x

22nd Jun 12 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

F

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ebay wind up again 23 database queries in 0.0173230 seconds