corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Strange noise/ rubbing (?) from rear or car ??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Strange noise/ rubbing (?) from rear or car ??
brynalar

User status: Offline
   30th Jun 12 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Afternoon guys and girls

Recently when driving my corsa b 1.2 8v (incase it helps lol) I've come across a noise that sounds like it's coming from the rear of the car, it's like you know when you're in a lowered car with passengers and it rubs/scrapes well it's like that but my car is on standard (worn out) shocks lol

It's not all the time but sometimes and it can vary anywhere from 20-70mph but as I say isn't all the time just now and again but mainly noticed if on a bumpy road or a long straight ?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Bryn.
D0NN3R

30th Jun 12 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the wheel isnt touching arch i would check things like bearings
Firefly

30th Jun 12 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could it be the worn out shocks perhaps? When i lowered my corsa i compressed both shocks out of the car and esentially raced them. New shock came back up, old shock did not. Could it be that because its really only riding on springs?
brynalar

30th Jun 12 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah wheel bearings did cross my mind too! If I can I'll try and video it but I don't think it will be that clear...

and I'm not sure if they are worn out but I'm just assuming as they have like no absorbance lol
D0NN3R

1st Jul 12 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Firefly
Could it be the worn out shocks perhaps? When i lowered my corsa i compressed both shocks out of the car and esentially raced them. New shock came back up, old shock did not. Could it be that because its really only riding on springs?

if a shock doesnt come back up it doesnt mean that there fuked
Firefly

2nd Jul 12 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How does it not? If theres no pressure in it then all thats happening is its getting pulled in and out by the movement of the car
D0NN3R

2nd Jul 12 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as long as it has good resistance when you pull it up and down its fine

[Edited on 02-07-2012 by D0NN3R]

New Poll