corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » are spacers needed for coilovers ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author are spacers needed for coilovers ?
edd1.0

User status: Offline
30th Jun 12 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im looking at buying some fk coilovers for my car , but ive heard you need spacers ? , im running 14inch corsa gsi wheels at the moment , so would theese need to be spaced on the front ?

also is they need spacing how much by ? , and would longer wheel bolts be required ?

thanks
Generation

30th Jun 12 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on other stuff such as tyres and offset of wheels.

I have coilovers and needed none. Cheaper makes I've found often need them
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Jun 12 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They'll contact if the wheel is far in the arch or if the spring seat is lower than the top of the tyre.

Wheel being in the arch would be standard (high) offset of 45+ on a wide wheel, 6x14 ET 49 you should be OK.

You can also only lower to the point at which the spring seat isn't in the way anyway, which means you wheels can be further in the arch without problem, obviously this means you can't go as low but if the coilover has a helper spring you can remove that which gets you another 10-15mm or so.

Not really related to how much the stuff costs, the spring seats are all of a similar size. Its the other things you need to watch out for.

Mark - remind me - you have 6x15 ET 49?

I think you run in to problems when you start with offsets comparable to OE but 7" or more on the width.

New Poll