corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New skool car. Old skool engine :)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New skool car. Old skool engine :)
Lee_fr200

User status: Offline
10th Jul 12 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
Why is it pointless?

Because its a heavy car with an engine that is underpowered by today's standards, you would be better with a 1.6t or a zlet
Corsa_Sport21

10th Jul 12 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going by the other pics, it looks to be a base model, so probably weighs just over 1000kg. Not that heavy tbh.
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Jul 12 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finished very cheap indeed

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270987549191

Standard car is £3k+ ??

Silly conversion when you can get the car with more than 150 brake as standard, insure it as standard, use your cruise control and sell it for the same money when you're done.

Might be an iconic engine but it doesn't make sense to do that.
Daveskater
Premium Member

10th Jul 12 at 21:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd much rather see a Corsa VXR engine in a B GSi than something as old as the XE in a D. Just doesn't make any sense, for the reason that has been brought up several times already.

Ok so it might be different because it's not what's normally done, but it's that way for a reason.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Nic Barnes

10th Jul 12 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people who can't do things themselves always know best. internet.
*CorsaCal*

10th Jul 12 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think this is a good budget build. How much is a c20xe compared to a 1.6t? . . . . . . Exactly.
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Jul 12 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's lost a grand on the car before you even buy a single part though, its not a money thing.
*CorsaCal*

10th Jul 12 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer i see what you are saying im just thinking if he bought the car with an engine failure or insurance write off he could have got it silly cheap. I which case it may only stand him at a few grand?
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Jul 12 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In which case it could have been fixed with the right engine and sold for market price.

I see how if you had a car with a blown engine and also the engine lying about then you'd just do it but I wouldn't have thought it would be any cheaper in terms of total cost to run something more powerful.

There is always that argument, its different so its somehow better than being normal. To which I normally reply there's a reason why certain things are popular and work well, others less so.

I actually think I'm being a bit hypocritical because I want to do a track D at some point and that will be a budget build, but I'll try and keep that for a while.

There is also now of course a proof of concept that you could LET one.

I just think he's lost the same amount of money as the depreciation on a standard one and it won't be any faster. Standard VXR would kill it and he could have got said VXR salvage and tidied it up and actually made money instead of breaking even on an oddball.

Perhaps I'm not different enough.
*CorsaCal*

10th Jul 12 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed. I personally dont see the point but i also dont see the point in people saying what a waste of time it is. He obviously has his own reasons for doing it. The bit i dont understand is why start it, get it to a point then bang it on ebay.......
Anty
Premium Member

11th Jul 12 at 00:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Allcorsa. Say no more.

before i joined c.s i was going on allcorsa .. this looked more lively..

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New skool car. Old skool engine :) 24 database queries in 0.0121701 seconds