corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What the actual fook?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What the actual fook?
evilrob
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Jul 12 at 10:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Let’s pay a security firm £200m to fail to provide adequate security to put on what is essentially a global PR exercise that doesn’t matter, then borrow 3,500 soldiers to make up the shortfall instead of funding our hospitals. Good one.

[Edited on 12-07-2012 by willay]
Russ

12th Jul 12 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by evilrob
Let’s pay a security firm £200m to fail to provide adequate security to put on what is essentially a global PR exercise that doesn’t matter, then borrow 3,500 soldiers to make up the shortfall instead of funding our hospitals. Good one.

the goverment shouldnt be bailing out hospitals who cant manage their budget correctly either though
evilrob
Premium Member

12th Jul 12 at 10:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good point - I may be wrong, but I'm fairly sure that their financial woes came from being one of the busiest A&E departments in the area (emergency = expensive), and not having enough non-emergency cases to attend to in order to balance the books.

I'd rather see my tax dollars misspent helping people in a medical emergency, than into the pockets of a private company to probably fail to prevent a terrorist atrocity while putting on a fancy show for people to run around really fast or throw things really far or swim in a clever, choreographed way.

[Edited on 12-07-2012 by evilrob]
Russ

12th Jul 12 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you think the money for the NHS debt would go anywhere other than into the pockets of private companies you are misguided.
evilrob
Premium Member

12th Jul 12 at 10:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Private/Public sector is another argument - I am annoyed at spunking all this cash on putting on a pointless event when we've got other, more important issues to deal with.

I am happy for the private sector to have my tax dollars if it's doing something constructive like saving lives.

If the ragheads want to blow up London they're going to regardless of how many badly-trained G4S staff or ill-prepared squaddies are present.

[Edited on 12-07-2012 by evilrob]
Shelly
Premium Member

12th Jul 12 at 11:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They need to stop giving international aid and start spending it on the infrastructure of our own country.

Not just the NHS, but more schools, more reservoirs etc
Russ

12th Jul 12 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shelly
They need to stop giving international aid and start spending it on the infrastructure of our own country.

and let human beings die of famine? bit harsh
John

12th Jul 12 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Almost as bad as this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18811974

If you say anything someone somewhere doesn't like you can get convicted now, shocking.
adiohead

12th Jul 12 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just posted this on my FB:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9387023/Hundreds-die-from-strokes-at-weekends-because-of-poorer-NHS-care-study.html
Shelly
Premium Member

12th Jul 12 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Originally posted by Shelly

and let human beings die of famine? bit harsh

International Aid isn't just to supply food to those who are starving you know.

There are plenty of people in our own country who need extra help too.

I'm just saying maybe don't give as much and start repairing our own country too.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What the actual fook? 23 database queries in 0.0128541 seconds